Re: Roadmap to Trading

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007

      > > Never underestimate the stupidity of the average man.
      > > A.
      > >
      > Sometimes I forget that I am a cynic.

      This time, Wil, I don't believe you. Can't recall ever meeting a man
      less cynical than yourself. However, it's all impressions, isn't it,
      especially in cyberspace. Or, as you might delineate, merely a
      suspect sixth sense, in my case. I call it intuition, and believe. A
      good period in which to be a woman. Louise
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
        Joel Kovel says, "Self-description is a fabulously poor indicator of
        the truth."

      • eupraxis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
          L,

          Ha ha, maybe you've gotten me there. I aspire to cynicism, anyway.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
            Wil,

            I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is transpiring.
            Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who is
            irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
            catalytic presence may easily stay away.

            Louise
            ... impatient for the new

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2007
              L,

              I moderate a group. It doesn't make anyone more comprehensible, though. It just adds to the day's work.

              I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is transpiring.
              Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who is
              irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
              catalytic presence may easily stay away.

              Louise
              ... impatient for the new

              > L,
              >
              > Ha ha, maybe you've gotten me there. I aspire to cynicism, anyway.

            • Knott
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 4, 2007
                > I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is transpiring.
                > Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who is
                > irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
                > catalytic presence may easily stay away.

                Isn't this what blogging is all about?

                Catastophic Sensibilities
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 4, 2007

                  > > I am discovering anew that no mutual comprehension is
                  transpiring.
                  > > Maybe I should start up a group of my own. That way, anyone who
                  is
                  > > irritated by my foibles or their own paranoias in my apparently
                  > > catalytic presence may easily stay away.
                  >
                  > Isn't this what blogging is all about?
                  >
                  > Catastophic Sensibilities

                  I suppose that it seems by no means obvious to me why internet
                  communications should be intrinsically different from those made
                  possible by older forms of technology, such as letters, pamphlets,
                  telephone messages. Every particular medium bears its own
                  characteristic limitations and potentials, but the essential fact
                  remains: the quality of what is presented, by a single human author,
                  or by several, in collaborative venture, will either encounter, or
                  fail to encounter, a compatible quality of response in
                  readers/listeners. It is not a matter of competition, in my view,
                  more a question of thirst. Most blogs that are out there would not
                  satisfy my own thirst for new knowledge or a genuine mutual and
                  respectful human interchange, at least I am assuming not, but the
                  great advantage of the internet lies with the opportunity to select
                  as narrowly as possible from a vast range of creative ventures,
                  whether made by individuals or groups. Maybe I state the obvious,
                  or miss your point, I don't know, am struggling to stay awake, so
                  shall bring this latest etheric offering to its close.

                  Keyboard Tapper