Perceived as minus

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2007
      Man has often discarded the humanness of others. That is not right or
      wrong but can be explained as survival behavior. I have lived through
      the depersonalisation of Japanese, Germans, Koreans, Vietnamese and
      Arabs. I think it is meant to be fun since the propaganda machine wants
      attention. Of course we should just say no but you know how well that
      works.
      I`m thinking of Herbert Hoover who actually saved millions of lives.
      It would seem he valued the broken refugees of WW1. He may have seen
      them as "Good Stock" as so he had them fed.
      I remember trying to save the Among. It was utterly fruitless. They
      preferred mass suicide rather than more of our good deeds. That seems
      a genetic level alterity that is a great deal more than an attitude or
      creed. I do not think you can build a value less human as we all have
      our scars. My only remaining ticket to humanitarianism seems
      pragmatism. It would be good to return to the stasis of trust yet I
      know the competition would still rage. Business is better than war but
      war is better than subjugation. Can we do it all without assigning
      humans minus worth? If we did I fear we would lose, be eaten. And guess
      who would eat us? Bill