Re: advice for moralists

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 22, 2007
      Albert, I find your message presumptuous, insulting, gratuitous, and
      patronising. Keep your personal judgments to yourself. I have
      passed the last forty minutes in reading from the Ninth Chapter
      of "Beyond Good and Evil", titled 'What is Noble?' Was just
      preparing for the difficult task of attempting to think out these
      difficult subjects anew, with an eye to our own, harrowing, times,
      and you slap me in the face like this. I would like to defend my
      powers of concentration with a robust expression, but am forbidden
      by the rules of the list. Contribute something constructive, or at
      least interesting, or leave the list yourself. I never do accustom
      myself to the level of rudeness apparently in vogue among some of
      those who believe they are (what) superior?? Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Dolley" <al_d@...> wrote:

      > Louise,
      >
      > Much as I thought your last departure on the petulant side of
      things, you remain the most entertaining of our guests for those
      little but ever-present insects on the wall.

      > I will have to refresh my memory on conditional therapy and do
      some much needed reading, but it seems to me that as is expected,
      you continually build someone up only to break them down. Same
      pattern repeating, repeating. Like pulling Mary in and out of a
      deprivation chamber. I often wonder Louise if you are at Existlist
      to discuss existentialism at all, or really to use existentialism as
      mechanism for a set of preconceived rules; for a game already won.
      > Why are you so nasty ?
      > What does the psychologist say ?
      >
      > Albert.

      Morality
      > > attempts* to violate that because it is rigid, not accounting
      for
      > > situation or relativity. Morality seems a fixed perspective
      based
      > > upon a fluid existence. Didn't FN opine that Truth is
      relative? If
      > > there is no Truth, except individual truths, there can only be
      > > individual morality. If it's individual, there is no need to
      force
      > it
      > > on anyone else.
      > >
      > > Mary
      > >
      > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@>
      wrote:

      > > > Might we conduct such a conversation, then, in methodical
      > manner?
      > > > Your terms are so different from those of Nietzsche, that it
      > would
      > > be
      > > > helpful to have, firstly, your definition of alterity, and,
      > > secondly,
      > > > an explanation of how the morality of good and evil violates
      > > alterity.
      > > >
      > > > Louise

      2007/01/22 04:10 PM