Re: Again, fear le

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
      > that's not a nice name - we discussed all this before.

      Forgive me, I forget. He has frozen in my mind from past experience. It is possible he has
      changed...but i estimate the liklihood as limited.

      > usual practice. need to know. keep it under the hat.

      In my practice, keeping things under a hat is hiding them.

      Aunt Pos Terior
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
        Louise, I trust there's an editor under the hat. Writing without one is
        harrowing, but reading an unedited book is embarrassing for both the
        writer and publisher. I just reviewed a book which was rife with typos;
        and I was especially surprised since the publishers are English, my
        naivete for base assumptions, I suppose. Anyway, best wishes for your
        endeavor.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
          > In my practice, keeping things under a hat is hiding them.

          Once entered upon the philosophical territory characteristic of
          existlist controversy, even a simple artless statement of intent may
          be transmuted by what Kierkegaard's pseudonym Johannes Climacus called
          irony of situation; the words may accordingly in that case seem
          disingenuous, insensitive, or callous. Or just in need of further
          clarification. Having noticed the hanging clause with which I opened
          this ponderous comment, I retire from the field. Wondering. What is
          to come. New Year. Symbolic for some. Variously.

          Louise