Re: Presentation End-ed

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2006
      > If it is just about passing tests I see very little
      > retention or actual interest. Many organisations are getting it wrong
      > because they are impersonal.

      Bill,
      I think it would be curious to study the history of testing. I wonder if it was born of a need to
      measure how well a student does with subject matter, or as a measure by the 'professor' as
      to whether he/she was disseminating useful information that might be retained. In most
      cases i deem people failing my tests as my inability to get the point across in a meaningful
      way rather than a student failure. They know so little about learning and interest it seems
      incongruous to say "well, why didn't you do better?" unless you are asking in order to
      improve teaching methodology. Many teachers seem to think that knowing is enough...

      Perhaps teachers themselves need fewer rules.

      Krakow Plankton