I am the Subject

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2006
      Who are you? Hi Bill. You're quiet again. Guess. After all, time
      still not money. At least, if capitalism only means to an end.

      Approaching Solstice
    • Albert Dolley
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2006
        Capitalism is far more than a means to an end Louise !
        Sumerian wish !

        A.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 14, 2006
          Depends on your frame of reference, Albert. I should like to think
          it possible even in these sybaritic times that the economic
          practices of human societies might be viewed as ways to distribute
          the natural wealth of the planet among the diverse forms of life
          that benefit from a planned and ordered system. If that were our
          starting-point, one might easily acknowledge the grave deficiences
          of present arrangement, and discuss the matter to some purpose. In
          regard to matters economic, I am however as ignorant as most of the
          citizenry, and am only looking at this stage for that ever-greater
          awareness of genuine doubt concerning what any of us may actually
          say with confidence. At least I find it difficult to articulate
          more than that, at present. Wonder if I'm more Socratic in my
          approach than I realised.

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Dolley" <al_d@...> wrote:

          > Capitalism is far more than a means to an end Louise !
          > Sumerian wish !
          >
          > A.

          2006/12/13 06:13 PM

        • Albert
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 15, 2006
            If indeed you are, then the world has benefited. As for context, I should like to think as a final and/or ideal product, that the greater good, as intended, has more importance.

            A.

            Depends on your frame of reference, Albert. I should like to think
            it possible even in these sybaritic times that the economic
            practices of human societies might be viewed as ways to distribute
            the natural wealth of the planet among the diverse forms of life
            that benefit from a planned and ordered system. If that were our
            starting-point, one might easily acknowledge the grave deficiences
            of present arrangement, and discuss the matter to some purpose. In
            regard to matters economic, I am however as ignorant as most of the
            citizenry, and am only looking at this stage for that ever-greater
            awareness of genuine doubt concerning what any of us may actually
            say with confidence. At least I find it difficult to articulate
            more than that, at present. Wonder if I'm more Socratic in my
            approach than I realised.

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Dolley" <al_d@...> wrote:

            > Capitalism is far more than a means to an end Louise !
            > Sumerian wish !
            >
            > A.

            2006/12/13 06:13 PM