Death to Darwin

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2006
      Is it my imagination again, or is the list somewhat stifled by
      timidity at present? The only games I have to offer are in the
      interests of survival, but my general theme, I suppose, is
      revaluation. England, I might say, is everything to me, land,
      history, myth, and concomitant refusal, to take the sentimental
      route. A statement like that is so compressed it is inevitably false,
      yet I speak it true. Good will and perseverance, allow the damned
      words to make whatever difference they can. Christianity, you know,
      is very practical. To bear one another's burdens is only possible if
      we carefully distinguish each our spiritual property. What do you
      own, and on what authority? Just another existential question. Not
      at all political. The truth is in the metaphor, or at least in the
      surrounding silence.

      Louise
    • wot53_2000
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
        What's your problem with Darwin?

        Not much in you post about Darwin?

        don't like him because he is from England?
        or buried in England?

        I like the ol' chap!
        The man was a creative mind and a revolutionary.

        Without him more simple minds who be holding on
        to the creation of female & male by a diety of some sort.

        Warren Thompson
      • eupraxis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
          No problem with Darwin here.

          Wil

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "wot53_2000" <wot53_2000@...>
            wrote:

            > What's your problem with Darwin?
            >
            > Not much in you post about Darwin?
            >
            > don't like him because he is from England?
            > or buried in England?
            >
            > I like the ol' chap!
            > The man was a creative mind and a revolutionary.
            >
            > Without him more simple minds who be holding on
            > to the creation of female & male by a diety of some sort.
            >
            > Warren Thompson

            Hi Warren,

            I was under the influence of Nietzsche at the time I wrote that.
            Was reading "Will to Power", which as it happens has been my
            occupation also within the last hour. My idealism about my own
            country does lead me into strong antipathies sometimes, not against
            the man Darwin, in this instance, only the commonplace reductiveness
            fostered by mass propagation of his core ideas. Am also feeling
            strongly sceptical about deities at present, in context of belief
            and preaching, anyways.

            Louise