Re: Where we go...BILL

  • Mario
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006

      > It seems Mario wants some metaphysical comfortYEAH, I GUESS I DO
      AND HAVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW, HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE, YOU NAME IT,
      BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! BUT ALAS, TO NO AVAIL!...:-0 I HAVE A
      WONDERFUL WIFE & FAMILY, GREAT JOB, FRIENDS. ETC...SO ACCORDING TO
      ABRAHAM MASLOW, I SHOULD BE RIGHT UP THERE ON THE PYRAMID OF "SELF
      ACTUALIZATION", BUT I STILL DON'T GET IT, PROBABLY NEVER WILL EITHER
      IN THIS LIFETIME. I hope he avoids
      > the belief pit as that false road has bewildered billions and
      has
      > lead to the confusion and strife we now live in. IF YOU ARE
      REFERRING TO RELIOOUS BELIEFS, YES, I THINK LOT'S OF PEOPLE HAVE
      USED THEIR BELIEFS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD
      > Belief and feeling are co felons in the conspiracy to hide the
      real
      > world circumstance. In the real world you need accept that you
      die. I FIND IT HARD TO "ACCEPT" WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND!...TELL A
      CHILD "HE CANNOT DO THAT!..." SOONER OF LATER YOU WILL HAVE TO
      EXPLAIN TO HIM YOUR MOTIVES.
      > That is bound to bring you down and so, many are adept at making
      up a
      > pretend world where they can go to paradise or some other
      > metaphysical manifestation. That was Kierkegaard's answer but he
      > wrapped it in a agnostic myth. Sartre could have been said to make
      > deity of communism as Heidegger could be said to of Nazism. We
      grab
      > at the available straws and then we die. SOUNDS LIKE A LOSS OF
      CONTROL TO ME...That death is the organic
      > end of out existence. No more function, no more respiration, no
      more
      > thinking. You are retired from life and barred from returning.SO,
      WHAT'S THE USE?!...
      > The next phase involves the reduction of your body to basic
      > compounds and elements. The neat thing is things really begin to
      > slow down. No more pressure as if you are in a coffin you might
      > remain basically intact for millenia. If you buy into Descartes
      you
      > do not exist after death because you no longer think. Since you do
      > not know you are dead the reduction of your remains on a geologic
      > time scale proceed to a stellar time frame to a galactic time
      frame
      > to a cosmic time frame. That is a long and fantastic story of
      which
      > we now have a basic knowledge .
      > Now if that doesnt make you feel any better about your personal
      > pending non existance you might defer from avoiding the fact. It
      will
      > only eat at you and cause you worry and anguish. The way you make
      it
      > here is the best it is ever going to get for you. So do not make
      up
      > feel good worlds but provide yourself the situation that prolongs
      > your life. The pain will tell you when it is time to give up. Bill
      THANKS BILL FOR YOUR INTERESTING EXPOSE, I'LL GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT.
      IT'S JUST THAT TO ME, EVERYTHING NEEDS TO HAVE AN ANSWER, A
      PRACTICAL ONE!! JUST LIKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. THIS
      WORLD "SEEMS"LIKE A STRUCTURED WORLD, THEREFORE THERE HAS TO BE A
      STRUCTURED AND "WELL INTENTIONED PRACTICAL" PURPOSE TO OUR BEING
      HERE, ALL ZILLIONS OF US WHO HAVE WALKED ON THIS PLANET!

      MARIO

    • Mario
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
        Thanks again Bill, these are definetly words to ponder. I never
        really heard it put in this way...

        Mario