Where we go

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
      It seems Mario wants some metaphysical comfort. I hope he avoids
      the belief pit as that false road has bewildered billions and has
      lead to the confusion and strife we now live in.
      Belief and feeling are co felons in the conspiracy to hide the real
      world circumstance. In the real world you need accept that you die.
      That is bound to bring you down and so, many are adept at making up a
      pretend world where they can go to paradise or some other
      metaphysical manifestation. That was Kierkegaard's answer but he
      wrapped it in a agnostic myth. Sartre could have been said to make a
      deity of communism as Heidegger could be said to of Nazism. We grab
      at the available straws and then we die . That death is the organic
      end of out existence. No more function, no more respiration, no more
      thinking. You are retired from life and barred from returning.
      The next phase involves the reduction of your body to basic
      compounds and elements. The neat thing is things really begin to
      slow down. No more pressure as if you are in a coffin you might
      remain basically intact for millenia. If you buy into Descartes you
      do not exist after death because you no longer think. Since you do
      not know you are dead the reduction of your remains on a geologic
      time scale proceed to a stellar time frame to a galactic time frame
      to a cosmic time frame. That is a long and fantastic story of which
      we now have a basic knowledge .
      Now if that doesnt make you feel any better about your personal
      pending non existance you might defer from avoiding the fact. It will
      only eat at you and cause you worry and anguish. The way you make it
      here is the best it is ever going to get for you. So do not make up
      feel good worlds but provide yourself the situation that prolongs
      your life. The pain will tell you when it is time to give up. Bill
    • Mario
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006

        > It seems Mario wants some metaphysical comfortYEAH, I GUESS I DO
        AND HAVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW, HERE, THERE & EVERYWHERE, YOU NAME IT,
        BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! BUT ALAS, TO NO AVAIL!...:-0 I HAVE A
        WONDERFUL WIFE & FAMILY, GREAT JOB, FRIENDS. ETC...SO ACCORDING TO
        ABRAHAM MASLOW, I SHOULD BE RIGHT UP THERE ON THE PYRAMID OF "SELF
        ACTUALIZATION", BUT I STILL DON'T GET IT, PROBABLY NEVER WILL EITHER
        IN THIS LIFETIME. I hope he avoids
        > the belief pit as that false road has bewildered billions and
        has
        > lead to the confusion and strife we now live in. IF YOU ARE
        REFERRING TO RELIOOUS BELIEFS, YES, I THINK LOT'S OF PEOPLE HAVE
        USED THEIR BELIEFS FOR THEIR OWN GOOD
        > Belief and feeling are co felons in the conspiracy to hide the
        real
        > world circumstance. In the real world you need accept that you
        die. I FIND IT HARD TO "ACCEPT" WHEN I DON'T UNDERSTAND!...TELL A
        CHILD "HE CANNOT DO THAT!..." SOONER OF LATER YOU WILL HAVE TO
        EXPLAIN TO HIM YOUR MOTIVES.
        > That is bound to bring you down and so, many are adept at making
        up a
        > pretend world where they can go to paradise or some other
        > metaphysical manifestation. That was Kierkegaard's answer but he
        > wrapped it in a agnostic myth. Sartre could have been said to make
        > deity of communism as Heidegger could be said to of Nazism. We
        grab
        > at the available straws and then we die. SOUNDS LIKE A LOSS OF
        CONTROL TO ME...That death is the organic
        > end of out existence. No more function, no more respiration, no
        more
        > thinking. You are retired from life and barred from returning.SO,
        WHAT'S THE USE?!...
        > The next phase involves the reduction of your body to basic
        > compounds and elements. The neat thing is things really begin to
        > slow down. No more pressure as if you are in a coffin you might
        > remain basically intact for millenia. If you buy into Descartes
        you
        > do not exist after death because you no longer think. Since you do
        > not know you are dead the reduction of your remains on a geologic
        > time scale proceed to a stellar time frame to a galactic time
        frame
        > to a cosmic time frame. That is a long and fantastic story of
        which
        > we now have a basic knowledge .
        > Now if that doesnt make you feel any better about your personal
        > pending non existance you might defer from avoiding the fact. It
        will
        > only eat at you and cause you worry and anguish. The way you make
        it
        > here is the best it is ever going to get for you. So do not make
        up
        > feel good worlds but provide yourself the situation that prolongs
        > your life. The pain will tell you when it is time to give up. Bill
        THANKS BILL FOR YOUR INTERESTING EXPOSE, I'LL GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT.
        IT'S JUST THAT TO ME, EVERYTHING NEEDS TO HAVE AN ANSWER, A
        PRACTICAL ONE!! JUST LIKE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS. THIS
        WORLD "SEEMS"LIKE A STRUCTURED WORLD, THEREFORE THERE HAS TO BE A
        STRUCTURED AND "WELL INTENTIONED PRACTICAL" PURPOSE TO OUR BEING
        HERE, ALL ZILLIONS OF US WHO HAVE WALKED ON THIS PLANET!

        MARIO

      • Mario
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
          Thanks again Bill, these are definetly words to ponder. I never
          really heard it put in this way...

          Mario