of corn and cats

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Maize & cats apparently remain sacred to both meso & modern America.
      Our state has 14 ethanol plants in various stages. I hope your scenario
      isn't merely a dead cat bounce, although that would be optimistic until
      we discover the cat is already dead. (Maybe if we don't look in the
      box, the cat is still alive.) You're probably also right about
      starvation and implosion. Nations usually find enemies for their
      citizens to hate, because history demonstrates that instability and
      suffering can remain a permanent state when there is common enemy. Some
      nations allow instability rather than improving economies. I realize
      there is planning for each and every contingency unfavorable to their
      interests; but that no longer appears to be the case, and permanent
      solutions will now have serious consequences. Superpowers must tread
      lightly through the mine fields they helped create. I will patiently
      observe the corn & cat craze, hoping both will thrive. It's also
      probaby the best stock tip ever.