A safe shore

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Mary, I am seeing trends which lead me to think we may be able to
      discern the near future world from all the present uncertainty. A
      big ethanol plant is to be built five miles from my home. It will
      burn refuse with natural gas to produce ethanol.
      This will drive up the price of corn as the secondary market for
      grain will support higher prices. Beef and pork prices will probably
      increase and I think fuel prices will see little impact. So what
      could be good about this?
      The Chinese are sending AKs and plastique to Iran and Syria in order
      to destabilise middle eastern governments. They are planning to do
      what Bush and the neocons are failing. They want to control the Iraq
      oil.
      I can see a world where American arms producers funnel arms and
      explosives to neuvo terror organisations to disrupt the flow of oil
      to china and her allies.
      Returning to food, We can balance food and fuel for our stable
      population base. The Chinese, Koreans and Arabs have no such luxury.
      True , they do not care if vast numbers starve but such chaos could
      well destroy their systems. I find no moral imperative here as
      communists and Islamic terrorists are my enemy as Nazi and Japanese
      were the foes of my parents. It may be easier to starve them than to
      destroy them in battle. It gives me pleasure to think that every
      bushel we burn starves another commie or terrorist. We`ll take care
      of the trade imbalance with china when ground beef reaches $25/lb.
      I think this sort of world is shaping up as the Senate will soon
      compromise to allow drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. We will see if
      the Chinese navy wants to defend their interests in an American
      lake. Bill