Re: [existlist] Re: My take on making sense

  • Exist List Moderator
    Message 1 of 39 , Dec 1, 2006
      Often I fail to answer because I'm teaching one rhetoric course,
      preparing a proposal for another, and taking my last few courses for
      a FUD (or Piled Higher and Deeper). I also tend not to answer
      messages that are longer than student responses in my courses.

      Poe said that the problem with long poetry was it danced about the
      words, obscuring any intention. I tell my students, just because I
      asked for ten pages doesn't mean you should fill ten pages if you
      have nothing more to express after five. Say what you need to say,
      then STOP speaking or writing!

      Maybe I have a short attention span, too.

      - CSW
    • Exist List Moderator