It's all about you, Bill

  • James Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2006
      Bill,

      So I'm in your unread bin. You are very intelligent, tough and quite full of it. You
      exemplify an Existentialist, living a narcissistic experience. Definitely unaware of any self
      generated noxious gases. You are a lucky a man. Have fun playing in your cerebral sand
      box.

      Jay

      > Your correct, I did not read the biggest post. I attempted to
      > speed read it. My speed reading boils down to taking notice of
      > verbs and nouns. It did not work with the big post so I tried word
      > for word, no luck, it just did not say much to me. Since I claim
      > little patience for educational responsibility Jay will be remanded
      > to the unread bin. I do not owe him a reading much less a remedial
      > response.
      > I plan to bore you my way. I have spent the last hours watching a
      > CNN special on energy followed by a series on chairitable giving.
      > I admit to investing in oil and to not investing in foundation
      > charities. When a celebrity goes the way of charity guru, I quit
      > buying his material. For me it goes to the individualism inherant in
      > existential thought. The individual is the sentient, operating
      > organism and as such holds responsibility for his continued survival.
      > If you have no talent, no personal energy or things of trade you are
      > on the way out. It is the way of this finite cosmos as better than
      > 90 percent of living organisms have gone extinct. It is not a moral
      > crime to fail even as a begger. We all do it in the end. It is the
      > whining that perplexes.
      > The oil companies provide a strategic material that remains standard
      > [pun intended} in the world. I invest in them for two main reasons:
      > To make money. To support the world economy at its base. I understand
      > that oil companies support merc armies and slaughter as they are
      > slaughtered in the contentious regions of the world. They do not
      > bring a warm fuzzy feeling to adoring audiencies, they actually keep
      > us warm. Unlike the charities I can and do read the oil companies
      > balance sheets. If they are not exploring, finding crude and shale,
      > they will sell no product, pay no dividends and leave my portfolio.
      > For all but the grasshoppers the serious business of provision takes
      > the greater part of our time and energy. That is my first existential
      > responsibility. The grasshoppers survive as a swarm and rely on huge
      > reproductive numbers to survive . Destitute humans adopt the same
      > strategy. It doesn`t seem to produce much of quality in life and
      > is a signal of impending cateclism.
      > So I`ll be back at work tomorrow. I do not expect enjoyment and I
      > will not have time to read giant posts about the unfairness of
      > Existlist. If I make some money I will attempt to disperse it into
      > profitable investment. That is a duty to myself and all who join in
      > the business of living. We built it this way and if you try to
      > destroy it I will lend my old hands to the defense. Bill

    • Exist List Moderator
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
        On Nov 30, 2006, at 23:40, James Johnson wrote:

        > So I'm in your unread bin. You are very intelligent, tough
        > and quite full of it. You exemplify an Existentialist, living a
        > narcissistic experience. Definitely unaware of any self generated
        > noxious gases. You are a lucky a man. Have fun playing in your
        > cerebral sand box.

        This is precisely the kind of personal antipathy we do not need on
        this list. Though you might think it a "fact" that someone is "full
        of it" or narcissistic, this is not the way to engage in discussion.

        If you cannot participate politely, even when you disagree, then do
        not participate at all.

        - C. S. Wyatt
        that I shall be.