Re: dig it

  • cknoepfle32
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@...> wrote:

      > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp
      on
      > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.

      Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane and
      savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
      achievement.

      What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
      How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
      equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth living.
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
        Actually was thinking about the pigs.

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "cknoepfle32" <cknoepfle32@...> wrote:

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
        > >
        > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
        grasp
        > on
        > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
        mouths.

        > Digging it...
        >
        > But, Orwell misses the bigger picture. Children born in a Big
        Brother
        > society are already over an conceptual perceptual event horizon,
        which
        > is to say Big Brother for them is superfluous.

      • Christopher Knoepfle
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
          Fergie? I liked her last song London Bridge - such honesty; how come it did that?

          The Maestro's Astrology (available at lulu.com)- a 238pp demonstration of Plato's framework of divination, complete with a working example.

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
            Yes, there's no place like home, Aunty Em. Writing is an ordinary
            activity similar to thinking, attempting to sort the double-think
            from the double-speak. For Camus the Arab crisis in Algeria was
            ordinary, as was the threat of Communism. A life worth living? Holy
            Christ, who decides that? Yes, utopia comes in many flavors, even the
            nuclear family, velvet revolution, or the safety of tradition. They
            haven't proven any more efficacious than anything else. Balm for
            conscience, nothing else.

            wrote:

            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
            > >
            > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
            grasp
            > on
            > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
            mouths.

            > Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane
            and
            > savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
            > achievement.
            >
            > What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
            > How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
            > equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth
            living.

          • Christopher Knoepfle
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
              Jesus Jade - you only have to live your own.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                Whew!

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Knoepfle