Re: dig it

  • cknoepfle32
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@...> wrote:

      > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp
      on
      > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.

      Digging it...

      But, Orwell misses the bigger picture. Children born in a Big Brother
      society are already over an conceptual perceptual event horizon, which
      is to say Big Brother for them is superfluous.
    • cknoepfle32
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@...> wrote:

        > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp
        on
        > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.

        Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane and
        savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
        achievement.

        What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
        How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
        equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth living.
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
          Actually was thinking about the pigs.

          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "cknoepfle32" <cknoepfle32@...> wrote:

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
          > >
          > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
          grasp
          > on
          > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
          mouths.

          > Digging it...
          >
          > But, Orwell misses the bigger picture. Children born in a Big
          Brother
          > society are already over an conceptual perceptual event horizon,
          which
          > is to say Big Brother for them is superfluous.

        • Christopher Knoepfle
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
            Fergie? I liked her last song London Bridge - such honesty; how come it did that?

            The Maestro's Astrology (available at lulu.com)- a 238pp demonstration of Plato's framework of divination, complete with a working example.

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
              Yes, there's no place like home, Aunty Em. Writing is an ordinary
              activity similar to thinking, attempting to sort the double-think
              from the double-speak. For Camus the Arab crisis in Algeria was
              ordinary, as was the threat of Communism. A life worth living? Holy
              Christ, who decides that? Yes, utopia comes in many flavors, even the
              nuclear family, velvet revolution, or the safety of tradition. They
              haven't proven any more efficacious than anything else. Balm for
              conscience, nothing else.

              wrote:

              > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
              > >
              > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
              grasp
              > on
              > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
              mouths.

              > Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane
              and
              > savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
              > achievement.
              >
              > What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
              > How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
              > equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth
              living.

            • Christopher Knoepfle
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                Jesus Jade - you only have to live your own.

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                  Whew!

                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Knoepfle