dig it

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
      George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp on
      the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.
    • cknoepfle32
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@...> wrote:

        > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp
        on
        > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.

        Digging it...

        But, Orwell misses the bigger picture. Children born in a Big Brother
        society are already over an conceptual perceptual event horizon, which
        is to say Big Brother for them is superfluous.
      • cknoepfle32
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@...> wrote:

          > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a grasp
          on
          > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major mouths.

          Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane and
          savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
          achievement.

          What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
          How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
          equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth living.
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
            Actually was thinking about the pigs.

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "cknoepfle32" <cknoepfle32@...> wrote:

            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
            > >
            > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
            grasp
            > on
            > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
            mouths.

            > Digging it...
            >
            > But, Orwell misses the bigger picture. Children born in a Big
            Brother
            > society are already over an conceptual perceptual event horizon,
            which
            > is to say Big Brother for them is superfluous.

          • Christopher Knoepfle
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
              Fergie? I liked her last song London Bridge - such honesty; how come it did that?

              The Maestro's Astrology (available at lulu.com)- a 238pp demonstration of Plato's framework of divination, complete with a working example.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                Yes, there's no place like home, Aunty Em. Writing is an ordinary
                activity similar to thinking, attempting to sort the double-think
                from the double-speak. For Camus the Arab crisis in Algeria was
                ordinary, as was the threat of Communism. A life worth living? Holy
                Christ, who decides that? Yes, utopia comes in many flavors, even the
                nuclear family, velvet revolution, or the safety of tradition. They
                haven't proven any more efficacious than anything else. Balm for
                conscience, nothing else.

                wrote:

                > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mary" <agignesthai@> wrote:
                > >
                > > George Orwell and Albert Camus, two non-existentialists, had a
                grasp
                > on
                > > the privacy & property shovel well before and after the major
                mouths.

                > Camus has the right metaphor but the true work is even more mundane
                and
                > savage. Simply put: it's mostly ordinary - more a mindset than an
                > achievement.
                >
                > What available 3 months out. 3 years out.
                > How to I connect A to B: action, practicality, knowledgebase =
                > equanimity = career and/or social effectiveness = a life worth
                living.

              • Christopher Knoepfle
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                  Jesus Jade - you only have to live your own.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2006
                    Whew!

                    --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Knoepfle