Existentialism and Phenomenology would take on a gravity if the dialogues of Plato had a master order

  • Christopher Knoepfle
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3 3:04 PM
      The Maestro's Astrology - An Argument for Ordering Plato's Dialogues

      The book is a 238pp argument (55pp Preview) for ordering the dialogues of Plato, which is the prize of Plato scholarship and the heart of astrology. As precursor, consider: � The Last Days of Socrates: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, and Phaedo is chronologically correct though the "working" order is Euthyphro, Crito, Apology, Phaedo - the reason is given in the book. � Another group: Alcibiades Minor, Alcibiades Major, Symposium, Ion is also �correct� in a different sense - the reason for this grouping is in the book. With these 8 dialogues accounted for, it is possible to give an argument for the remaining 12 dialogues of the early and middle period. With these 20 in place, it is likewise possible to give an account of the remaining 11 dialogues of the later period. Ironically, the investigation begins with the short spuria, which are discussed in great detail. The argument culminates in divination as given by a single dialogue, which requires the entire corpus for its
      efficacy.

      To purchase: go here.

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3 4:04 PM
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Knoepfle
        <cknoepfle32@...> wrote:

        > The Maestro's Astrology - An Argument for Ordering Plato's
        Dialogues

        > The book is a 238pp argument (55pp Preview) for ordering the
        dialogues of Plato, which is the prize of Plato scholarship and the
        heart of astrology. As precursor, consider: • The Last Days of
        Socrates: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, and Phaedo is chronologically
        correct though the "working" order is Euthyphro, Crito, Apology,
        Phaedo - the reason is given in the book. • Another group:
        Alcibiades Minor, Alcibiades Major, Symposium, Ion is also "correct"
        in a different sense - the reason for this grouping is in the book.
        With these 8 dialogues accounted for, it is possible to give an
        argument for the remaining 12 dialogues of the early and middle
        period. With these 20 in place, it is likewise possible to give an
        account of the remaining 11 dialogues of the later period.
        Ironically, the investigation begins with the short spuria, which
        are discussed in great detail. The argument culminates in divination
        as given by a single dialogue, which requires the entire corpus for
        its
        > efficacy.
        >
        > To purchase: go here.

        Hmm, that discouraged reactionary ... Anyway, existentialism is as
        heavy as the body already. What else, but to live? Love, and read
        what you will.

        Louise
        ... anti-republican homebird
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3 8:27 PM

          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Knoepfle
          > <cknoepfle32@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Maestro's Astrology - An Argument for Ordering Plato's
          > Dialogues
          > >
          > > The book is a 238pp argument (55pp Preview) for ordering the
          > dialogues of Plato, which is the prize of Plato scholarship and
          the
          > heart of astrology. As precursor, consider: • The Last Days of
          > Socrates: Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, and Phaedo is chronologically
          > correct though the "working" order is Euthyphro, Crito, Apology,
          > Phaedo - the reason is given in the book. • Another group:
          > Alcibiades Minor, Alcibiades Major, Symposium, Ion is
          also "correct"
          > in a different sense - the reason for this grouping is in the
          book. Res Publicae, is just a question of how much. We will fight
          over a crumb. It is Sartre embracing communism and that old german
          recieveing his dagger, Heidiegger. I understand them and beg their
          tolerance of my age. It is back to sorting and counting. Bill