Re: [existlist] A land for allah

  • Aija Veldre Beldavs
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
      On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, bhvwd wrote:

      > Think of Islam as an evolutionary nitche.I`m not calling the muslims
      > devolved but their stagnation puts them at other risk. Bill

      isn't there a problem labeling any international phenomena, such as an
      international/great (non-native/local) religion, as monolithic,
      considering there are those who see themselves/claim to be members of any
      such religions who don't fit your stated criteria? for that matter the
      local or native religions also aren't monolithic or static, unless one is
      hard-core essentialist, of course.

      also, continuing with concept formations, maybe someone could help me
      understand how the concepts "stagnant" are reconciled with
      "ultra/radical/extreme" (which commonly suggests "militant" and in
      practice is often violent, unless it is used in a consumerist sense like
      "ultra-chic" or "xtreme sports"). does it make/ co-opt one of the
      concepts in usage false/pseudo, or is it in relation to different things,
      or what?

      aija