A land for allah

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
      Think of Islam as an evolutionary nitche.I`m not calling the muslims
      devolved but their stagnation puts them at other risk. There exist
      other faith based anomalies that have branched away from sound
      scientific knowledge. Flying off into faith fantasy comes down to
      holding at the question while waiting to be eaten. I think of the
      possibility of this sequence of faith based hesitance recapitulating
      the matter/ energy cycle that begins to be better understood. A
      Nova program on Black holes hints around the question that black
      holes convert mass to energy in great gulps of gas sucked onto the
      singularitys event horizon. That gas is compressed to neutrons with
      the emmision of cosmic energy levels that burn whole galaxys to
      dust. We seem constructed from concentric models whose general laws
      are similar. As Louise says it is better to be careful and not speak
      but it makes little difference what we say or even think. It is
      good to have something to do while we wait for the next turn of the
      cosmic blasting wheel.That happens when Andromida meets the Milkey
      Way. This cosmos is boldly slow with a direction the Myans began to
      discover. They predicted cosmic events far into their future but
      drifted back into the forest to become hunter gatherers, again. I
      wish somebody gave them the facts before they receded into the
      forest and perhaps that is the best we can do for the Muslims . In
      the mean time we have plenty to trade in ideas and goods. If we do
      have a direction that bodes greater longevity a death commitment
      signals surrender. Yet you can only surrender to yourself.Bill
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2006
        Well woven, Bill. I view my own life as a series of un/voluntary
        surrenders to self and others, interspersed with alternating bravado.
        We keep talking ideas in the event of an anomaly, the one that
        convinces humanity en masse, at the same time/space conjunction, that
        death and other people shouldn't be the enemy. But Buddha and Camus
        have already said this. I suppose it's fortunate that time slows down
        as we approach our horizon. You might agree that the sooner certain
        inevitabilities are faced, life suggests itself as meaning. Though
        our corpses likely spin in reverse from one another, Sartre and I
        recommend the words of Beck's Nausea for the young ones. Angst and
        absurdity are living museum pieces of provocation and disturbing
        chaos. Existentialism recognizes this and offers no universal
        solution. It simply encourages us to decide how we will handle the
        fire until it's gone. Mary

        > Think of Islam as an evolutionary nitche.I`m not calling the
        muslims
        > devolved but their stagnation puts them at other risk. There exist
        > other faith based anomalies that have branched away from sound
        > scientific knowledge. Flying off into faith fantasy comes down to
        > holding at the question while waiting to be eaten. I think of the
        > possibility of this sequence of faith based hesitance
        recapitulating
        > the matter/ energy cycle that begins to be better understood. A
        > Nova program on Black holes hints around the question that black
        > holes convert mass to energy in great gulps of gas sucked onto
        the
        > singularitys event horizon. That gas is compressed to neutrons with
        > the emmision of cosmic energy levels that burn whole galaxys to
        > dust. We seem constructed from concentric models whose general
        laws
        > are similar. As Louise says it is better to be careful and not
        speak
        > but it makes little difference what we say or even think. It is
        > good to have something to do while we wait for the next turn of the
        > cosmic blasting wheel.That happens when Andromida meets the Milkey
        > Way. This cosmos is boldly slow with a direction the Myans began to
        > discover. They predicted cosmic events far into their future but
        > drifted back into the forest to become hunter gatherers, again. I
        > wish somebody gave them the facts before they receded into the
        > forest and perhaps that is the best we can do for the Muslims . In
        > the mean time we have plenty to trade in ideas and goods. If we
        do
        > have a direction that bodes greater longevity a death commitment
        > signals surrender. Yet you can only surrender to yourself.Bill

      • Aija Veldre Beldavs
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 2006
          On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, bhvwd wrote:

          > Think of Islam as an evolutionary nitche.I`m not calling the muslims
          > devolved but their stagnation puts them at other risk. Bill

          isn't there a problem labeling any international phenomena, such as an
          international/great (non-native/local) religion, as monolithic,
          considering there are those who see themselves/claim to be members of any
          such religions who don't fit your stated criteria? for that matter the
          local or native religions also aren't monolithic or static, unless one is
          hard-core essentialist, of course.

          also, continuing with concept formations, maybe someone could help me
          understand how the concepts "stagnant" are reconciled with
          "ultra/radical/extreme" (which commonly suggests "militant" and in
          practice is often violent, unless it is used in a consumerist sense like
          "ultra-chic" or "xtreme sports"). does it make/ co-opt one of the
          concepts in usage false/pseudo, or is it in relation to different things,
          or what?

          aija