Flash flip

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
      I feel like i am at the intersection of convergent laser beams. News
      from Iraq is grim, many casualties, heavy fighting. Warner[sen.
      Virginia] breaks step with Bush on Iraq. The house scandals
      regarding Foley are changing midterm polls.
      The Dems can take the house and force a constitutational collision
      with Bush. We have not been near this level of uncertanty since
      9/11.
      What could divert this change of leadership ? Find And/or kill
      Osama Bin Ladin. If there are hints of Osama I would imagine those
      hunting him would be offered greater rewards. Make the prise big
      enough and some few will be in a position to attempt erridication.
      With that news Bush could slam dunk the midterms with enough
      political capital to draft and win the war against a demoralised
      enemy.
      On the other end Bush could be impeached and Iraq could fall into
      total civil war. Iran could dominate Iraq and become the major
      force in the Islamic world. What kind of world are the situations
      directing us toward? The anarchists amoung us should be wetting
      their panty hose. From an existentialist viewpoint change usually
      benefits the more advanced philosophy. I`m talking about copeing
      skills and anti shock precognition. Pre warned is pre readied.
      So what do you think is going to happen out there. It is known that
      all points of view will have some probability . I think the people
      are going to wimp out and leave Bush with his slim majority and two
      more years to twist in the breeze. Bill
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2006
        I have been writing sentences and deleting them for about ten minutes now. My faith in rationality has been tested to the max and to the point that I cannot tell when I am being pessimistic or just realistic. Any bid to optimism these days makes me feel silly and naive. As a friend of mine used to say, this was a bad time to have given up drinking.

        WS