Re: [existlist] Hi !

  • Chris Macchione
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      Judy, I would recommend Martin Buber's "I and Thou,"
      for your personal reading library. A great
      introductory overview is this groups main webpage:
      http://www.tameri.com/csw/exist/index.html
      Be warned, some of the debates here can be quite
      heated, but I have gained a lot of knowledge from the
      discussions.

      "Be happy, be yourself, and make a difference." has
      become my motto, from one such discussion of Kant I
      believe.

      Christmas

      --- Judy <judy_10025@...> wrote:

      > I just want to say hello - I am new to this group -
      > I am very
      > interested in existensialism from a variety of
      > standpoints - this
      > exacerbated when my psychiatrist and I had a
      > discussion of what I
      > should be doing with my life - and where I fit in in
      > this world
      >
      > I started reading a bit about Kierkegard, and I have
      > read many Jewish
      > philospohers in the past (I am Jewish), but I would
      > like some insight
      > into a lot of things and hope that those of you who
      > are more erudite
      > could educate me
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Judy

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • judy meibach
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        Dear Chris:

        Thank you for your post - I love Martin Buber - and I have read part of his works, but I need to reopen some of the discussion - and regarding heated debates, I am up to the call - I am on a series of other forums which are for Jewish believers - and everybody thinks they know the answer -

        Is there an answer?

        By the way I like the quote that you gave me

        Judy

        Judy Meibach

        judy_10025@...

      • onur doðanay