Sustaining tolerance

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2006
      You should tolerate other beliefs but you should not have to pay
      for them. When faith based groups promulgate laws that restrict
      personal freedoms from their theological base those laws must be
      opposed. Public saftey is a favorite hide out for the faith based
      to cover hidden agendae. The entire patriot act civil liberties
      argument pivots on fear mongering regarding public safety.
      When we leave Iraq and Afganistan we should leave clear notice
      that terrorist attacks by Islamic radicals will be opposed by
      tactical nuclear strikes on Islamic population centers. Terrorism
      can be stopped by even greater terror.; Mullahs faced with nuclear
      annihilation might think twice about releasing terrorist scum on
      the modern world. Throw the oil politicians out of office and a
      supply/demand fuel economy could emerge. It seems supply can be
      sustained with recent finds and demand at 83 million Bbls/ day
      demand seems sustainable with India and China demanding more
      supply. If China wants greater control of middle east supply let
      them fight the Islamist bombers. It would be interesting to see the
      Chinese fighting against their own AK47s and improvised explosives.
      We might provide some M16s and C4 to keep our balance of trade in
      line with the oil shieks. Our right wing has played this game to
      their advantage and are drunk with money and power. Throw them out
      and any number of alternatives begin to emerge. If we let them stay
      in power they will gravitate to their fundamentalist ideologies and
      totalitarian roots.
      The woman I listned to was on Fox and I had not seen her before.
      She said that the best thing for the right wing would be
      erridacation of intellectuals and a dumming down of the faithful. I
      saw visions of pol pot and the taliban. The mad dictators in Iran
      and North Korea also come to mind. China sets behind a great deal of
      this mischief and some of her proxy states may step over the line
      and get nuked. So be it if that is what it takes to sustain
      tolerance. Bill