Re: [existlist] Oooops

  • Chris Macchione
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
      How do we rid ourselves of the power hungry groups
      that have melded religion and government together?
      (Where all thinking and living is planned for
      you.)Maybe Margaret Atwood's vision of the Future in A
      HANDMAID'S TALE is coming true?
      When do Anarchists come back into the picture?
      Will this bubble finally burst?

      Christmas

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
        If the mainstream doesn't wise up, no solution will endure. Fringe or marginal groups, no matter how well-intentioned, cannot do it.

        WS

        --- eupraxis@... wrote:

        > Are you saying that antireligion means Left? Was
        > Nietzsche on the left; or Mencken; or Ingersoll?
        >
        > And who ever said anything about hating
        > intolerance? Not me! I am intolerant of crazy people
        > with power and a good many things besides.
        >
        > Wil

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Chris Macchione
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2006
          Unfortunately, history demonstrates that the
          "mainstream" won't wise up until it realizes that the
          button pushing won't deliver the satisfactory shock
          anymore. That could take years.
          We're screwed, the farms are mostly gone, we've become
          mass consumers of disposable products, and we are
          unable to care for ourselves without a large super
          structure. We have allowed ourselves to be
          indoctrinated that "they" will handle everything.
          Without ever wondering who and what is "they." If
          Katrina is a harbinger of things to come, "they" will
          disappear; leaving the masses to fend for themselves.

          Shit.

          http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0020000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://imagine-msn.com/themes/vibe/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=hmtagline

          http://mail.yahoo.com