Demon religion

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      Louise can be excused for her dislike of politics, especially
      America`s bombastic variety. This administration has gleaned much of
      its power from religous demogogery and those of us who dislike
      religous based repression find our lives soured and diminished. Our
      hard work is wasted as money is poured into religous based , tax
      supported projects that destroy our liberty and restrict our growth
      as individuals. This is a philosophical battle against a collective
      which is diminishing our species. The direct confrontation appears
      to be of a political nature and it would seem a simple counting of
      ballots is the cure. I know the conflict is deeper than that and
      although the political pendulum should swing back to a less
      religous base the right can now boast low gas prices and a record
      stock market as proof of good stewardship. For those with no
      philosophical viewpoint a vote for the better purse could stop the
      reversal of the pendulums swing.
      I have been watching the gubernatorial and congressional debates
      and find a clear demarcation between the two sides. Better men with
      better ideas are in the wings asking for our permission to throw out
      the religous charlitans. I think we have suffered the right too long
      and we need show our colors . The other side has posted a huge
      list of blunders and obfuscations , lost wars and waste of treasure.
      Even worse they have installed a police state mentality that will
      take years to dismantle. If the US does not reverse this slide into
      totalitarianism the entire world will suffer and strangulate in the
      grip of theocracy. Yesterday a right wing pundit spoke openly of
      the obliteration of nonbelievers within the US. She proposed a sort
      of Krystalnight pogrom of philosophical dissenters. Most in this
      group would be included in the cleansing . Certainly more than
      fundamentalist religion is behind this fascist thinking but the
      operant subversive push comes from the religous right. The right
      does not want people like us in their world and will build the walls
      necessary to keep us out or in as the situation warrants. This
      pundit suggested that higher intelligence people can no longer be
      trusted in positions of power and should be segregated into
      technical areas where they would serve as a kind of mind slave.
      Pure believers would decide the propriety of the intellectual
      property created by the mentats. This sounds like the taliban with
      which the right is now beginning talks in Afganistan. If these
      people have their way there will be no existlist, no free thinkers,
      no philosophy. We will build the machines and do the procedures they
      are too stupid to accomplish. If you ignore politics now they have a
      job for you. Bill
    • Trinidad Cruz
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006

        "Yesterday a right wing pundit spoke openly of the obliteration of
        nonbelievers within the US. She proposed a sort of Krystalnight pogrom
        of philosophical dissenters. Most in this group would be included in
        the cleansing . Certainly more than fundamentalist religion is behind
        this fascist thinking but the operant subversive push comes from the
        religous right. The right does not want people like us in their world
        and will build the walls necessary to keep us out or in as the
        situation warrants."

        I was listening to Chomsky on the radio, trying to present his
        position with compassion and common sense. As hard as he worked for
        calm, the more hysteria was injected by call ins. They (the frantic
        and predictable herd animals) took such calls for calm as weakness.

        "This pundit suggested that higher intelligence people can no longer
        be trusted in positions of power and should be segregated into
        technical areas where they would serve as a kind of mind slave. Pure
        believers would decide the propriety of the intellectual property
        created by the mentats."

        In "The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" Tomas escapes the communists
        with his lover, but when she returns he follows her back in. Once
        there he is converted from a brain surgeon to a window washer. It
        remains to be seen if things would work out that poorly here in the
        end.Chomsky seems to think that we will swing back in the end, and
        admires the resiliency of our democracy. I wonder. Most of the
        religious revival in this nation was ninteenth century and it is just
        now coming to power.We may swing back but it could arguably take
        another hundred years or more. We are already dog boys. It's not much
        of a stretch to window washers, or pig farmers; and there is the
        attraction of a cleaner conscience in refusing to cooperate and
        playing dumb. I will refuse to give up anything substantive of what I
        know to the grave; but that was a choice I made a long time ago
        precisely because of love. Others, more comfortable, of less
        character, may roll over into the dung and reduce this species.I wish
        you could remember the name of this commentator. I know people who
        would use the video for better purposes.

        Religion is the herd here. The voters, the middle America, are the
        domesticated animals. Mussolini defined fascism as the bundling
        together of government, corporate interest, and the military. The
        bundle runs the farm, not the cows. The cows just march in predictable
        steps to the barn for milking. All that touches their teats nowadays
        is a mindless machine. The cows can only end up the same - a mindless
        machine. "How do I work this?" Duh, moo moo moo. From the manger, to
        the manger, from the manger, to the manger.

        Trinidad
      • eupraxis@aol.com