Re: [existlist] Demon religion

  • mischke@pronetisp.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      you could place the word "government" in the place of
      "religion" and it would also make sense. Anyone who
      worships religion or government is equally evil.
      Government is even more capable of oppression through
      laws, police, military, tax policy, etc.

      - MPM

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006

          "Yesterday a right wing pundit spoke openly of the obliteration of
          nonbelievers within the US. She proposed a sort of Krystalnight pogrom
          of philosophical dissenters. Most in this group would be included in
          the cleansing . Certainly more than fundamentalist religion is behind
          this fascist thinking but the operant subversive push comes from the
          religous right. The right does not want people like us in their world
          and will build the walls necessary to keep us out or in as the
          situation warrants."

          I was listening to Chomsky on the radio, trying to present his
          position with compassion and common sense. As hard as he worked for
          calm, the more hysteria was injected by call ins. They (the frantic
          and predictable herd animals) took such calls for calm as weakness.

          "This pundit suggested that higher intelligence people can no longer
          be trusted in positions of power and should be segregated into
          technical areas where they would serve as a kind of mind slave. Pure
          believers would decide the propriety of the intellectual property
          created by the mentats."

          In "The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" Tomas escapes the communists
          with his lover, but when she returns he follows her back in. Once
          there he is converted from a brain surgeon to a window washer. It
          remains to be seen if things would work out that poorly here in the
          end.Chomsky seems to think that we will swing back in the end, and
          admires the resiliency of our democracy. I wonder. Most of the
          religious revival in this nation was ninteenth century and it is just
          now coming to power.We may swing back but it could arguably take
          another hundred years or more. We are already dog boys. It's not much
          of a stretch to window washers, or pig farmers; and there is the
          attraction of a cleaner conscience in refusing to cooperate and
          playing dumb. I will refuse to give up anything substantive of what I
          know to the grave; but that was a choice I made a long time ago
          precisely because of love. Others, more comfortable, of less
          character, may roll over into the dung and reduce this species.I wish
          you could remember the name of this commentator. I know people who
          would use the video for better purposes.

          Religion is the herd here. The voters, the middle America, are the
          domesticated animals. Mussolini defined fascism as the bundling
          together of government, corporate interest, and the military. The
          bundle runs the farm, not the cows. The cows just march in predictable
          steps to the barn for milking. All that touches their teats nowadays
          is a mindless machine. The cows can only end up the same - a mindless
          machine. "How do I work this?" Duh, moo moo moo. From the manger, to
          the manger, from the manger, to the manger.

          Trinidad
        • eupraxis@aol.com