Re: [existlist] Demon religion

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
      "Yesterday a right wing pundit spoke openly of the obliteration of nonbelievers within the US. She proposed a sort of Krystalnight pogrom of philosophical dissenters."

      Jeeze, do you remember her name?

      Wil

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        you could place the word "government" in the place of
        "religion" and it would also make sense. Anyone who
        worships religion or government is equally evil.
        Government is even more capable of oppression through
        laws, police, military, tax policy, etc.

        - MPM

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2006

            "Yesterday a right wing pundit spoke openly of the obliteration of
            nonbelievers within the US. She proposed a sort of Krystalnight pogrom
            of philosophical dissenters. Most in this group would be included in
            the cleansing . Certainly more than fundamentalist religion is behind
            this fascist thinking but the operant subversive push comes from the
            religous right. The right does not want people like us in their world
            and will build the walls necessary to keep us out or in as the
            situation warrants."

            I was listening to Chomsky on the radio, trying to present his
            position with compassion and common sense. As hard as he worked for
            calm, the more hysteria was injected by call ins. They (the frantic
            and predictable herd animals) took such calls for calm as weakness.

            "This pundit suggested that higher intelligence people can no longer
            be trusted in positions of power and should be segregated into
            technical areas where they would serve as a kind of mind slave. Pure
            believers would decide the propriety of the intellectual property
            created by the mentats."

            In "The Unbearable Lightness Of Being" Tomas escapes the communists
            with his lover, but when she returns he follows her back in. Once
            there he is converted from a brain surgeon to a window washer. It
            remains to be seen if things would work out that poorly here in the
            end.Chomsky seems to think that we will swing back in the end, and
            admires the resiliency of our democracy. I wonder. Most of the
            religious revival in this nation was ninteenth century and it is just
            now coming to power.We may swing back but it could arguably take
            another hundred years or more. We are already dog boys. It's not much
            of a stretch to window washers, or pig farmers; and there is the
            attraction of a cleaner conscience in refusing to cooperate and
            playing dumb. I will refuse to give up anything substantive of what I
            know to the grave; but that was a choice I made a long time ago
            precisely because of love. Others, more comfortable, of less
            character, may roll over into the dung and reduce this species.I wish
            you could remember the name of this commentator. I know people who
            would use the video for better purposes.

            Religion is the herd here. The voters, the middle America, are the
            domesticated animals. Mussolini defined fascism as the bundling
            together of government, corporate interest, and the military. The
            bundle runs the farm, not the cows. The cows just march in predictable
            steps to the barn for milking. All that touches their teats nowadays
            is a mindless machine. The cows can only end up the same - a mindless
            machine. "How do I work this?" Duh, moo moo moo. From the manger, to
            the manger, from the manger, to the manger.

            Trinidad
          • eupraxis@aol.com