blogging for xtian nihilists & terrorists

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
      I find the arguments which claim Kierkegaard was a Christian
      existentialist and Nietzsche a Christian nihilist strange but
      interesting. If xtians, existentialists & nihilists cajole one another
      re: inauthenticity regarding any of these three classifications,
      blaming misunderstanding upon said practioners, how can we trust that
      the cajolers have privileged insight. They must suffer from the same
      uncertainties. Our reasons are our reasons and are mostly unreasonable
      to others. In any event, we make meaning in a vacuum of meaning, or is
      it really a cornucopia of choices? Depends on your point of view. Don't
      worry about mine, and I won't concern myself with yours. Ideas shot
      from the lips and hips of others are mere delight or sheer horror, when
      they stay to inhabit, to animate our dancing corpses. We don't need
      ideas if we're alive. There are facts which hold us up and take us
      down, and I find these fascinating enough.

      http://doubtingthefish.wordpress.com/2006/07/07/christian-nihilism/
      http://www.religiousrightwatch.com/2006/09/domestic_terror.html

      Mary
    • Trinidad Cruz
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2006
        It is a known fact that domesticated animals over time develop smaller
        brains than their wild ancestors. One should actually wonder, (given
        the ordinary differentiation at the cellular level: eukaryotes -
        prokaryotes; symbiant relationships etc.) how what seems to be very
        much shaped like positive communal symbiosis becomes instead a
        de-evolving or obviating principle at the end product output? I
        suggest that de-naturalization is the cause; that is unnatural input
        into the system. Humans, seem to have the capacity for unnatural
        input. The question is how is that positive toward the evolution of
        the species? Is this unnatural mimicking (clearly something that
        differentiates us from the apes) able to produce anything other than
        the consequence of smaller brains? It is presented in us, so we must
        take it for good, but what, when, and where, the good? I believe a
        better understanding of this will become a necessity in this century.

        Whatever is able to observe and be aware of itself to any degree could
        not have known what constituted the wherewithal of such capacities
        prior to their presentation in itself. Our view is an inevitable
        accident.It will only expand naturally.

        tc