Just drinking

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2006
      For some number of far past years this would be the season of
      solitary drinking. My birthday was usually the initiating factor and
      I would actually take a jug out in the woods. It is terrifying to
      wake up drunk, alone, in the woods. I have awakned with my face
      caved in, but the bottle itself tells the story better than your
      pulsing brain. I could not remember what bashed in my face, my
      knuckles were clean so I probably got blindsided. The bottle was
      not empty. `
      I was very careful to sneak off, unnoticed and to hide in weeds or
      behind a stump. I have even wandered off into the rain and know you
      need a great deal of hooch to proceed with your melancholy in the
      cold and wet.
      When I was under age it was really insipid, drinking blackberry
      brandy and getting lost in the cold woods. Next came a few years
      of Rye whiskey. I could never finish a bottle of Rye and always
      passed out. The very smell of it would revulse me for a year. I had
      tequila years in Mexico and that revulsion has stuck. I worked a
      night shift on a construction gang in Cancun and would drink until I
      passed out. The crew gave me an orange in the morning and didnt
      roll me. I consider that one of my best birthdays.
      Most have learned to leave me the hell alone because I am not fit
      company when drinking. George Thorougood has it right about just
      drinking, its best to be alone. Ive never had any revelations
      during such trials, I just got wet and dirty and beat up and usually
      caught a cold. I`ll pass, but not out. Bill