Re: [existlist] self evidence

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2006
      My milieu was so overwhelmingly Catholic that it never occurred to me, as a kid, to object to anyone officially. I held my atheism close to the chest, unless directly asked, which I rarely was. It was only much later that I decided to go on the offensive.

      When my grandmother died and the local priest came by to see if we would donate her entire estate to the church (he actually said that it would reflect well on her in the afterlife, as if it were still the 14th century!), I -- alone at home at the time -- gave him ... a LOT to think about, including the metaphorical kick in the rear end. He was truly horrified that I didn't fear some magical revenge.

      Wil