Re: [existlist] Re: Does your existence precedes some essence at your 'Core' ?

  • eupraxis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 29, 2006
      Let's just leave it alone.
      -----Original Message-----
      From: existlist1@...
      To: existlist@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 2:06 PM
      Subject: Re: [existlist] Re: Does your existence precedes some essence at your 'Core' ?

      On Sep 25, 2006, at 18:37, eupraxis@... wrote:

      > Why don't you shove it!
      >
      > Wil

      Not exactly the response and tone one should post here. I've been
      reading through about 100 or so posts, just to see the tone and
      topics, and we need to do something about the crosstalk patterns
      developing.

      Susan's question is valid, to me: why are we trying to hold the NWS
      responsible for a freak storm in MN? Because we want a perfectly
      safe, perfectly controlled (by humans?) environment. We don't want to
      take any responsibility nor do we want any blame for bad human
      decisions and even worse actions (especially on the part of leaders
      shifting blame). That a congressman (a local Republican who is
      curiously against the flood walls in St. Paul) is trying to hold the
      NWS responsible for a tornado shows that it is nothing more than a
      campaign ploy.

      People need to realize... life happens and it isn't always
      controlled. In fact, as someone else noted, I think Aija, when
      mankind does get involved in nature, we tend to muck it up, like
      ruining the very natural barriers that would have helped insulate the
      Gulf regions.

      Watch the attitudes on the list and try to be something more
      collegial. I'm dealing with enough sour attitudes in my department,
      which will cease to exist next year. I would rather this list
      actually be more mature than the instructors I encounter.

      - CSW