APE

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2006
      Delightfully absurd! Feeling both cynical and compassionate, I'd
      rather believe there are Angels in America than accept this lethal
      mask of benevolence. I hope someday these parasitic bipeds become
      infected with a sorrow which endures beyond their dissipation into
      fermions and bosons. How predictable that government agencies will
      control, manipulate, and apply the resulting data with far more
      toxicity. It would be more humane to once again relocate reservation
      populations to where they can die more slowly, like the rest of us.
      But I suppose funding and jobs are a better trade. The warriors have
      little land to fight for anymore. It's already over, and the land
      that isn't fit for the few won't be fit for the many.

      Mary

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs <beldavsa@...>
      wrote:

      > anthropologists at IU received a call for proposals: Title: Issues
      in
      > Tribal Environmental Research and Health Promotion: Novel
      Approaches for
      > Assessing and Managing Cumulative Risks and Impacts of Global
      Climate
      > Change. <http://es.epa.gov/ncer/rfa/2006/2006_star_tribal.html>

      populations
      > may be differentially impacted by two ubiquitous phenomena: (1)
      cumulative
      > chemical exposures and (2) global climactic changes. EPA is
      interested in
      > supporting community-based participatory research to generate data
      which
      > identify (a) subsistence resources, (b) sensitive subpopulations
      within tribal
      > communities, (c) complex chemical exposures from multiple sources
      and routes,
      > and (d) links between environmental stressors and health outcomes.
      In