testing

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
      Want to see if this posts. Anyone else having difficulties with
      messages that don't arrive??

      Louise
    • eupraxis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
        A few times it took a day or two for things to post. But Bush and Gonzalez can only read so fast.

        WS

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
          Do you reckon they're interested in existlist?! Having posted here
          for over two years, I'm familiar with delayed messages, and
          disappeared ones. Just don't seem to get accustomed to the sheer
          frustration. If I were more competent, and organised, I should at
          least have saved the results of my labours for personal use.

        • eupraxis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
            They say that Bush is reading Camus this Summer. You never know.

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
              I see very little of US politics, though for that matter my exposure
              to the British variety is fairly short on detail. One mental image
              that has never occurred, until now, at any rate: the President
              sitting in front of a computer screen.

              > They say that Bush is reading Camus this Summer. You never know.
              >
              > In a message dated 9/13/06 6:01:49 PM, hecubatoher@... writes:
              >

              > > Do you reckon they're interested in existlist?! Having posted
              here
              > > for over two years, I'm familiar with delayed messages, and
              > > disappeared ones. Just don't seem to get accustomed to the sheer
              > > frustration. If I were more competent, and organised, I should at
              > > least have saved the results of my labours for personal use.

              > > --- In existlist@yahoogrouexistl, eupraxis@ wrote:
              > > >
              > > > A few times it took a day or two for things to post. But Bush
              > > and Gonzalez can only read so fast.
              > > >
              > > > WS

            • Susan Schnelbach
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 13, 2006
                Louise, to answer your earlier question, I think Yahoo must be having
                some problems. I haven't been getting messages for any of the groups
                I belong to and had to check to see if my e-mail was bouncing. If I'm
                not the only one having problems, likely it is Yahoo having the trouble.

                Susan Schnelbach
                Technical Writing, Editing, Grant Writing
                Tameri Guide for Writers: http://www.tameri.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 8, 2008
                  This one's in English. To my friend Bill.

                  Louise
                • Aija Veldre Beldavs
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 9, 2008
                    > This one's in English. To my friend Bill.
                    > Louise

                    wondering what is NOT existential...
                    then here's another one in English to Friend Bill:D
                    http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/fiore/2008/02/doreen-the-downer.html

                    aija
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 9, 2008
                      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Aija Veldre Beldavs <beldavsa@...>
                      wrote:

                      > > This one's in English. To my friend Bill.
                      > > Louise
                      >
                      > wondering what is NOT existential...
                      > then here's another one in English to Friend Bill:D
                      > http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/fiore/2008/02/doreen-the-
                      downer.html

                      > aija
                      >Aija, I have had a subscription to "Mother Jones", it would suggest
                      a tendency toward left wing politics. The particular cartoon you
                      suggested would have at its base a suggestion of vegetarianism. I am
                      neither left wing or a vegetarian. I will not take the time to attack
                      your life style choices.
                      Darpa is another matter as it denotes DOD covert plans for various
                      weapons systems, some of a PSYOPS nature. It would seem defense
                      spooks have had reason to support some members of this list. That
                      might bother you more than my eating steak and having right wing
                      friends. Do you want your posts scanned for possible weapons
                      applications ? Probably not.
                      I really do not care but would appreciate a lucrative contract if my
                      writing proves a viable weapon in DARPA experimentation. Think, you
                      Aija might be the next Kalesnikoff building a psyops weapon to
                      conquer the world. Write CSW for a grant application it seems he is
                      the master of black ops. Bill
                    • Aija Veldre Beldavs
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
                        > I really do not care but would appreciate a lucrative contract if my
                        > writing proves a viable weapon in DARPA experimentation. Think, you
                        > Aija might be the next Kalesnikoff building a psyops weapon to
                        > conquer the world. Write CSW for a grant application it seems he is
                        > the master of black ops. Bill

                        does that mean there's some kind of exclusion of "left wing or a
                        vegetarian" as existentialists on this list?

                        aija,
                        scanning the net for "Kalesnikoff" & other above references found an
                        entry for "Steroid induced psychosis in systemic lupus erythematosus: a
                        possible role of serum albumin level" by one J. Kalesnikoff in -Current
                        Opinion in Rheumatology,- 15(5):656-674, September 2003.:)
                      • eupraxis@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
                          "does that mean there's some kind of exclusion of "left wing or a
                          vegetarian" as existentialists on this list?"

                          Not if I have something to say about it.

                          Wil

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 10, 2008
                            > Darpa is another matter as it denotes DOD covert plans for various
                            > weapons systems, some of a PSYOPS nature. It would seem defense
                            > spooks have had reason to support some members of this list. That
                            > might bother you more than my eating steak and having right wing
                            > friends. Do you want your posts scanned for possible weapons
                            > applications ? Probably not.

                            I was (am) a systems programmer, with a peculiar specialty. My shift into neurological
                            research is tangentially related to my computer work. Some brains are just "different" with
                            skills that can be used for solving a variety of problems.

                            The best problems are how to disable weapons... that takes creativity.

                            From a philosophical view, it is how do you deal with aggression without using force?
                            There are a great many "weapons" that are not only non-lethal, but they also disable other
                            weapons.

                            "The Mouse that Roared" is one of my favorite books, along with "On the Beach." I know
                            Cold War theory no longer holds, though. There are people quite willing to die, to whom
                            "mutually assured destruction" means nothing because of their belief in an afterlife.

                            I wonder how to reason with faith -- and keep running into Kierkegaard along the way.

                            - CSW