too much

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@...> wrote:

      > http://www.ccel.org/d/dostoevsky/karamozov/htm/book05/chapter04.html
      > tc

      horror indeed. yet it is literature, not life. from the literary
      point of view, the man who sets his dogs on the little boy, to tear
      him to pieces in front of his mother's eyes, might be nicely torn to
      pieces himself, say, by the mothers of the town, worked up to a fine
      frenzy by one skilled in the arts of suggestion. existence is so
      other. existence horrifies me. i oppose cruelty, torture, capital
      punishment. novels are not about politics, even when they are about
      politics. this one doesn't appear to be, in any case. words are
      words, flesh is tender. violence bleeds over this list. why.

      louise
    • Knott
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
        > violence bleeds over this list. why.

        That was my question.

        Perhaps if I continue east, the knott in the panties will ease.

        Back to work, play time is over.

        Tom