enough for today

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2 11:28 AM
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2 12:01 PM
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@...> wrote:

        > http://www.ccel.org/d/dostoevsky/karamozov/htm/book05/chapter04.html
        > tc

        horror indeed. yet it is literature, not life. from the literary
        point of view, the man who sets his dogs on the little boy, to tear
        him to pieces in front of his mother's eyes, might be nicely torn to
        pieces himself, say, by the mothers of the town, worked up to a fine
        frenzy by one skilled in the arts of suggestion. existence is so
        other. existence horrifies me. i oppose cruelty, torture, capital
        punishment. novels are not about politics, even when they are about
        politics. this one doesn't appear to be, in any case. words are
        words, flesh is tender. violence bleeds over this list. why.

        louise
      • Knott
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2 12:24 PM
          > violence bleeds over this list. why.

          That was my question.

          Perhaps if I continue east, the knott in the panties will ease.

          Back to work, play time is over.

          Tom