crystal chandeliers

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Well the south side of Chicago
      Is the baddest part of town
      And if you go down there
      You better just beware
      Of a man named Leroy Brown

      Now Leroy he a gambler
      And he like his fancy clothes
      And he like to wave his diamond rings
      In front of everybodys nose
      He got a custom continental
      He got an eldorado too
      He got a 32 gun in his pocket
      He got a razor in his shoe

      Well Friday bout a week ago
      Leroy shootin dice
      And at the edge of the bar
      Sat a girl named Doris
      And ooo that girl looked nice
      Well he cast his eyes upon her
      And the trouble soon began
      And Leroy Brown learned a lesson 'bout messin'
      with the wife of a jealous man
      Well the two men took to fightin'
      And when they pulled them from the floor
      Leroy looked like a jigsaw puzzle
      With a couple of pieces gone

      I do not live in any puerile consideration of retroactive posing. I am
      hard pressed and now. It is not love that is concerned with history,
      or what ifs; but control. The pieces were missing before he ever met
      Doris, and long before he hit the floor. His mistake. Knowing that is
      not inciteful. Some lessons can only be learned some ways. The
      emptiness takes you there, to be filled. You can't imagine it, only be
      it. That is existential and psychological.

      "another little baby child was born"
      Trinidad