Re: the hypnotist and the hypnotized

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006

      > "Authenticity: You think what you are."
      >
      > Or is it 'You never are what you think you are'?

      ... said the sleepy god to his reflection ...
    • Knott
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
        > This material gave me the same sort of headache that
        > Knott always does...Knott's discourse often gives me
        > a headache, so it is essentially what I take it for
        > - physical assault.

        Dear Trinidad,

        First, your twisting of the experience in order to give you an
        excuse for violent reaction is charming but is not the result of an
        external force or your heritage, it is the result of what you choose
        to experience. If you were a little more in control of your violent
        nature...you wouldn't look to exercise it so often as an easy,
        unthinking response like it will actually solve something. Like
        revolution, you are caught up in the romance of an idea, rather than
        the reality of the aftermath and consequences to action.

        Second, if you were 'forever free' as you suggest you are, you would
        not be slave to any 'headaches' brought upon by other people's ideas
        because you would be confident in your own.

        Third, it seems you are used to people rolling over when you present
        ideas because of how you present them: in unintelligablly complex
        circumlocution, amidst threats, and with authority of insistence.
        Two solutions would be: better refine your ideas when offered the
        challenge of doing so, and think them through more completely in the
        first place.

        Dr. Joyce Knott
      • Trinidad Cruz
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
          "It was like watching Hitler morph into a Mary Poppins."

          Exactly right. Latent psychopathy.

          tc