Re: properly

  • two_owl_night
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <al_d@...> wrote:

      To what extent do you think that the relationship between psychology and
      existentialism needs to be debated ? I seem to remember Louise
      separating the two some time ago and found this difficult to digest.

      This subject is simmering on my back burner. I suspect that Louise is
      preparing in her own way as well. Perhaps over this extended weekend,
      it will appear in full banquet glory for all to savor and spice
      accordingly, and in good cheer. Anon . . .

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006
        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "two_owl_night"
        <two_owl_night@...> wrote:

        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Albert" <al_d@> wrote:
        >
        > To what extent do you think that the relationship between
        psychology and
        > existentialism needs to be debated ? I seem to remember Louise
        > separating the two some time ago and found this difficult to
        digest.

        > This subject is simmering on my back burner. I suspect that Louise
        is
        > preparing in her own way as well. Perhaps over this extended
        weekend,
        > it will appear in full banquet glory for all to savor and spice
        > accordingly, and in good cheer. Anon . . .
        >
        > Mary

        Hmm, well, more like recuperation than preparation, though have been
        reading various authors of late, familiar and forgotten, in quest of
        inspiration and remembrance. I am definitely at first base with all
        this stuff, though. Have been waiting a long time for discussion to
        start. Fine, if we may invoke philosophy, psychology, psychiatry,
        law, and so on. How may intelligent debate flourish, however, if
        words such as 'nut', 'witch' or 'loonie' are tossed into the mix?
        My marathon endurance stint in this regard may at long last be
        yielding a little more power of resistance and restraint. Instead
        of firing off yet another irate e-mail, when knocked backward by
        sheer indifferent ignorance from the self-confidently sane and well-
        adjusted, I learn to mutter darkly at the screen, waiting for
        lucidity from other sources.

        Louise
        ... still refining Nooism

      • two_owl_night
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2006

          however, if words such as 'nut', 'witch' or 'loonie' are tossed into
          the mix? My marathon endurance stint in this regard may at long last
          be yielding a little more power of resistance and restraint. Instead
          of firing off yet another irate e-mail, when knocked backward by
          sheer indifferent ignorance from the self-confidently sane and well-
          adjusted, I learn to mutter darkly at the screen, waiting for
          lucidity from other sources.

          Just a quick note, Louise. We sensitive types need to develop thick
          skins or risk sinking into a slough of despond or passive-aggressive
          cycles. I've often thought you could contribute greatly to Christian
          Existential discussion groups and poetry forums. Googling another
          subject the other day I found Lee Edgar Tyler where 'gypsy scholars'
          much like yourself share their expertise with translations of
          critical texts.

          http://ntgateway.com/xtalk/

          You are also welcome to join our Company of Poets, where I can almost
          assure you, no one will throw stones.

          http://www.mailspaces.com/spaces/companyofpoets/

          You have much to contribute here as well. Don't let the vacuous drive
          you away. I agree with Sartre's defense of existentialism wherein he
          argues that atheists aren't void of ethics or capable of formulating
          them in a dearth of certainties.

          Mary
        • Jeff Cunningham
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2006
            The answer you are search for ? There is a new
            global war being fought. This war uses all the tools
            you have listed. This new global war is for your mind.
            Do you feel like someone is trying to brain wash you?
            Maybe....

            http://mail.yahoo.com