Re: but wow bowow?

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 1, 2006
      > > > answer: Free press, Flat tax, Death penalty for election fraud
      > > convictees.
      > >
      > > You can't enforce the first, because it won't make money, and money
      > > ties press to a lack of freedom.
      > >
      > I think I disagree with this comment. The press is free to cover
      > whatever it wants. Their obsession with making money and having the
      > most readers/viewers leads them to covering what they think the
      > general public wants to hear most about.

      I disagree that you disagree. Technically, essentially the press is free to cover what they
      want (who is policing them?...wait, here comes a paranioa theory...in an other message),
      actually not free because they need to make money on all the trees they kill. You might
      have a government subsidy...and then you would have government control as to what goes
      in and stays out (censorship). You could have a different kind of subsidy (censorship). TC's
      real goal would be to have a bunch of people who don't care about making money banding
      together out of the goodness of their hearts to pay with their lives for giving you the REAL
      news (I have issues with the idea that there is any such thing -- but that is a different
      arguement and I am quite able to separate those things). That is the core of his revolution
      thus far: that everyone be trusted to band together for the common good after we kill all
      the current politicians that we supposedly elected and the rich people that support them
      (emphasis on paranoia theory only partly my own).

      My real point is that these people who like the idea of revolution don't like the idea that
      they have to come up with something better. So far, TC's revolution is based on the fact
      that everything will become better on its own -- and that people will fundamentally
      change because a revolution has happened, that they will band together for a cause and
      stay with that cause in mind after the goal of the revolution (overthrow) is achieved. Nice
      hope. My point is that the goal has to have more interest -- longer legs than just
      achieving an overthrow.

      The revolutionists in the group are not interested in much but the glory of the chaos of
      revolution, and continue to be unable to think past their shoelaces. Something needs to
      drive people to want to make things better after removing the old. It is too difficult of a
      problem for the revolutionists to address.

      Fundamental Interests
    • two_owl_night
      Message 2 of 29 , Sep 1, 2006

        Something needs to drive people to want to make things better after
        removing the old. It is too difficult of a problem for the
        revolutionists to address.

        This is fundamental Camus.

        Mary
      • Trinidad Cruz
        Message 3 of 29 , Sep 1, 2006
          You reject a question, I get an extra one. TEN words, NO commentary.

          question one:
          Does the bug crawl in and out of your ass?

          extra question one:
          What does TEN mean to you?

          tc

          > > TC question one:
          > > Does the bug crawl in and out of your ass?
          >
          > I can't answer that because I don't know what it means. Please
          > rephrase.
          >
          > > Don't skip turns.
          >
          > There is no difference. You can't possibly be getting confused, I'm
          > numbering them.
          >
          > > answer: Free press, Flat tax, Death penalty for election fraud
          > convictees.
          >
          > You can't enforce the first, because it won't make money, and money
          > ties press to a lack of freedom. I will surprise you and agree with
          > the second, but find it unlikely that you can get it instilled. I
          > don't see why elections would fail to elect the same morons it
          > elects now--regardless of who dies from cheating.
          >
          > This is not a plan, it is a wish, and there is a difference. You say
          > nothing of how to change the government, and I would imagine that
          > once they are all dead there needs to be a fundamental change. That
          > would likely mean you need to place people to govern, run the army,
          > give all the food stamps you want to generate...
          >
          > You think you can take care of it in ten words, and that was my
          > original objection to the stupid, stupid article. It addressed the
          > problem in one: revolution. That was not an answer either.
          >
          > Lush Tenness

        • Knott
          Message 4 of 29 , Sep 1, 2006
            > extra question one:
            > What does TEN mean to you?

            1111111111 or QQQQQQQQQQ

            but when there are no words ...

            Ten High
          • Jeff Cunningham
            Message 5 of 29 , Sep 2, 2006
              Bug goes in the mouth. Bug crawls out the ass./10
              words

              http://mail.yahoo.com