Re: scrappy doo two

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "two_owl_night"
      <two_owl_night@...> wrote:

      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@> wrote:
      >
      > The concept of 'sanity', however, seems rather gratuitously
      introduced.
      > At least, I do not understand its relevance, and we still have not
      > discussed the question of sanity, and its relationship to
      > existentialism, at this list. Not in my time here, at any rate.
      >
      > No, Louise. It wasn't gratuitous. The thesaurus in my brain is
      still
      > running on an old 1.0 program. Reasonable is a better word, but
      the
      > Merriam-Webster online gives me permission to use them
      > interchangably. "Sane" is actually a legal term of great debate
      here,
      > as well as relevant to existentialism. Could be part of
      phenomenology
      > and alterity discussions, of which we've held a few.
      >
      > Are you reasonably sensitive to the topic? Can it be discussed
      without
      > rancour? Lord knows, we've had enough of that recently.
      >
      > Mary

      Mary,

      I do not believe that I am sensitive or insensitive to any
      particular topic, only to the spirit in which it seems to me remarks
      have been made. Whilst we do not know each other personally, all
      these months of reading and posting to existlist have left me
      entirely trustful that you are kind and would not wish deliberately
      to wound my feelings. From you any contributions to a discussion
      about sanity would be welcome. If there are any posters here about
      whose motives I feel more wary, it is within my power to refrain
      from responding. I have to say, given my past record, that such
      declaration sounds distinctly presumptuous, but I must find faith in
      my own resources and will, or else there will be nothing on which I
      may rely. Legal matters have most difficult resonance for me, so
      any explanation of possible relationship to existentialism would be
      interesting. I need to ponder further over a good cup of tea.

      Louise