Atmosphere

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6 4:32 PM
      Anyway, I want to reiterate that I have always tended to take the
      description of this list at face value, as concerned with
      existential philosophy and literature. Ill-mannered criticism and
      even abuse, combined with sardonic mockery have frequently knocked
      me off course. What I am fighting for is the possibility to discuss
      here the work of Nietzsche and Heidegger without being intimidated
      from clear statement and argument. My quarrels with politics and
      the law are relevant insofar as there is palpable interference with
      the healthy process of sensitivity toward others' feelings. Terror
      and doubt and hurt inhibit natural mental associative processes.
      Threats of being compulsorily medicated or imprisoned have similar
      pernicious effect. One's very ability to gauge how realistic are
      such dangers is also compromised, in the case of anyone socially
      labelled as outcast. In my case, there have been several reasons
      for such a reputation. I do not wish to keep talking about my
      personal circumstances, and am labouring to limit my posting here in
      order not to fall into more useless controversy. My racial theories
      about German- and Gallic-language Celtic types in historic conflict
      with Anglo-Saxons impacting on modern ethnic tensions is in any case
      unlikely to convince anyone.

      Louise
    • peno hardesty
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6 7:17 PM
        we all impact on one another----racial tensions
        included-----no one can truly judge another or even
        appreciate another since self is always primary-there
        are some who view independent thought as a threat to
        freedom---there are some who fear independent thought
        as a threat to love----there are some who fear
        independent thought as a threat to self and there are
        some who just fear independent thought

        http://mail.yahoo.com