The bent twig

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2006
      I watch the jews and muslims slug it out while I ponder existlist
      posts that ask why the jews are hated and why the muslims are hated.
      On TV I am watchind a series on the rise of the SS and I am
      returning to the conclusion that people isolate themselves for
      security reasons. Terratoriality seems to be a subplot of Homo
      Sapiens existance. The species wandered out of Africa and followed
      the beachcomber life around the seacoasts of the planet. When groups
      stopped to settle they sought better security than an overnight
      fire. The security apparatus of settlement began to foster
      identitys. The interbreeding of sedentary peoples results. Groups of
      individuals began to look alike, think alike, act alike. At that
      point individualism is pushed aside for group identity. Like wolves
      man became a pack and the maturation of security heirarchys built
      walls ,moats and the uniforms of congruity. So is the building of
      regional societies to be our downfall ?
      I view the isolation of a group to be a good measure of its
      movement toward extinction. In that light I need confront
      anthropological incursions into primative groups as a duty to
      extinction bound members of the human race. For those exquisite
      natural tribes of pure hunter gatherers this incursion often dooms
      what seems nervanha. But for every few hundred of these magnificant
      ancients there are millions who can neither support themselves nor
      understand concepts beyond what their keepers provide. The great
      forming genetic/ reproductive mechanism goes to work and replication
      reproduction goes forth as long as basic survival parameters are
      met .
      The world planners from Harvard and Yale study the numbers of
      generations of consuumers some subset might contribute before it
      contributes its biomass to the moss. The SS had theories of eugenics
      that always began with the assumption of complete rectitude. The
      religion and the sameness and the genes unite to birth the perfect
      stormtrooper. He is always there but is normally in small enough
      numbers to avoid detection. When he goose steps down the street
      waving banners the men on the triggers start making decisions. The
      art is to only bend the twig and not break it. It is a fascinating
      time to observe, a time for poet and scientist. Bill