Re: Remembering the previous context

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
      I'm not ignoring Bill. It's a complex thing for me to reply to. I'm
      not entirely sure how I feel about it, only because it is so
      historical, and has also somewhat incidentally personally affected me
      on occasion when I was growing up. Castro is an anachronism but Chavez
      isn't. There are different interests in play now.I will post something
      eventually, but I will think about it first. They adored him for a while.

      O'Reilley has already called for a boycott of Citgo. Who cares. I was
      actually more fascinated with the old school way Jackie Mason charmed
      Keith Olberman with the neo-con line last night. Keith never even got
      it. He may rethink it tonight. It could be fun then. The truth is, and
      truth is like that, maybe ol' Mel pulled his stunt on purpose.

      tc

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "two_owl_night" <two_owl_night@...>
      wrote:

      > Well, Bill, since Trinidad seems to have demurred on your deferral, I
      > read your post as evidence of existential reasoning, and poetry as
      > well! There's history with its programmed responses, and then here's
      > a rapidly spinning reality. A couple weeks ago my kids remarked how
      > old he looked, and asked his age. I replied, "Isn't that f*kr ever
      > going to die?" Mind you, we're not even remotely Cuban. Surprised
      > even myself with that from-the-hip response. Sartre & Simone adored
      > the man, but the perpetual exodus from the island and influx of
      > greenbacks proves the failure of communism. I hope his people are
      > soon liberated. Your creativity is in ascendance, while mine is
      > diverted to other ventures. Like a Padre spinners, keep jumping
      > higher than the rest. I'll keep watching. Mary
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "bhvwd" <v.valleywestdental@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Castro is ill and has relinquished power and I can`t remeber how to
      > > respond. If I respond as I was taught I suppose I should be glad,
      > > mean he was a dirty commie. Then again he had his romantic sidekick
      > > [Che] and he was a good guy of the people. And there are the
      > barefoot
      > > doctors and the anti right wing backlash of the peace movement and
      > > exploding cigars and the cessation of cigar smoking and the right
      > wing
      > > support of big tobbaco and the discovery of oil off the Cuban
      > coast
      > > and my dichotomous view of JFK and all those old cars without
      > > emissions control and the people in Miami dancing in the streets
      > and
      > > the nonexistant cosa nostra planing reoccupation of Havana and the
      > > possibility of a Cuban vacation before I am too old and the
      > alliance
      > > with Chaves and all those Citgo stations closing and the confusion
      > of
      > > one tied to two centuries of change that now seems most rapid.
      > > I`ll defer to Trinidad just because he has a more creditable name
      > in
      > > this situation. I`ll bet he has some mixed feelings and will be
      > > interested should he show interest. Bill

    • two_owl_night
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
        Morning, Trinidad.

        Didn't say ignored, only demurred. I'd like to see Jackie and Mel in
        a face-off, kind of like the old Vidal vs. Buckley free-for-alls.

        Mary

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Trinidad Cruz" <cruzprdb@...>