Louise

  • Nicholas Widger
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2006
      I don't want you to leave.

      Don't fall apart just yet.

      I don't agree with your approach to philosophy, or your views on
      existentialism. I do, however, believe you enjoy posting on existlist.
      I also think you have very solid ideas, sometimes. Our dispute, if it
      can be called a dispute, means nothing. Nor do I believe you have a
      superiority complex. Your views are your own; therefore, always right
      by you.

      Please continue to post. Without your post, we lose you perspective--a
      tragic loss from any point of view.
    • rwr
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2012
        Louise,

        If you claim, suggest, speculate that people have a soul such as is
        found in religious belief systems them tell us what it is; where it is;
        what it does; what it is like; where it came from, etc etc. No guesses
        please, just tell us your experience of it. No need for interpretation
        just tell us what you found? That is what I do. If a man goes to the
        moon is he going to report what he finds or what he believes or hopes
        for?

        If you claim or suggest that there is another type of transcendence
        other than the one I and others have found then tell us what it is like,
        where it is, what happens there, etc etc. Tell it as it IS as you found
        it to be. That way you find correlations in human experience. When
        describing one of my children to somebody then there is no
        interpretation needed, I use my own language (which they also speak) and
        I tell what I find. Beliefs have nothing to do with any of it, neither
        has faith. Never once, ever in my life, have I ever asked anybody to
        believe a word I have said and written about it. On the contrary I have
        told them NOT to believe it, for believing is a MUGS game. But they come
        back in their thousands telling what THEY have found, and the
        correlations are too staggering to be a coincidence. DONT BELIVE ME, you
        will be a FOOL if you do. FIND out about life and existence FOR YOUR
        SELF ! As the man said in the film `Frankly Ma'am I don't
        give a damn'.

        As for a `man' of two thousand years ago then plainly you cannot
        see what priestcraft has been up to for five thousand years. It is as
        clear as daylight and oh so obvious; and there has been fourteen of them
        recorded so far; and all over the world. But if you want to have a
        nagging thought at the back of your mind that one or all of the
        religions are true, then frankly ma'am I don't give a damn.
        Pick one of your choosing and ride with it to the end of your time here;
        as millions do. But don't ask me to be one of them. Life is not
        about what you wish it to be. But maybe you ARE a different species of
        life form to me :- ))) If you are then I hope it is great being there
        and being one of whatever. I have no complaints about life, transcendent
        or here on this planet type daily experience. I like it all. Let those
        who were alive here five or two thousand years ago talk about it. I
        landed here on the early morning of the first of November 1938 in West
        Green Road Tottenham. And a war started shortly after which. My
        interpretation??? Ppphhttt:> !!! NB, anything which I have written I
        would not put up for sale; and I sure don't WANT anybody to read it.
        But it is there if they want to read it, and FREE ! I want nothing from
        anybody. Which is just as well for they don't give much away do
        they. And so many would sell their granny for a buck. Ppphhht:>! Put
        yours where it is there to read it !

        Dick Richardson

      • Louise
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
          --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "rwr" <dick.richardson@...> wrote:

          > Louise,
          >
          > If you claim, suggest, speculate that people have a soul such as is
          > found in religious belief systems them tell us what it is; where it is;
          > what it does; what it is like; where it came from, etc etc. No guesses
          > please, just tell us your experience of it. No need for interpretation
          > just tell us what you found? That is what I do. If a man goes to the
          > moon is he going to report what he finds or what he believes or hopes
          > for?
          >
          > If you claim or suggest that there is another type of transcendence
          > other than the one I and others have found then tell us what it is like,
          > where it is, what happens there, etc etc. Tell it as it IS as you found
          > it to be. That way you find correlations in human experience. When
          > describing one of my children to somebody then there is no
          > interpretation needed, I use my own language (which they also speak) and
          > I tell what I find. Beliefs have nothing to do with any of it, neither
          > has faith. Never once, ever in my life, have I ever asked anybody to
          > believe a word I have said and written about it. On the contrary I have
          > told them NOT to believe it, for believing is a MUGS game. But they come
          > back in their thousands telling what THEY have found, and the
          > correlations are too staggering to be a coincidence. DONT BELIVE ME, you
          > will be a FOOL if you do. FIND out about life and existence FOR YOUR
          > SELF ! As the man said in the film `Frankly Ma'am I don't
          > give a damn'.
          >
          > As for a `man' of two thousand years ago then plainly you cannot
          > see what priestcraft has been up to for five thousand years. It is as
          > clear as daylight and oh so obvious; and there has been fourteen of them
          > recorded so far; and all over the world.

          Fourteen of them? I don't understand. Fourteen of what? L.

          But if you want to have a
          > nagging thought at the back of your mind that one or all of the
          > religions are true, then frankly ma'am I don't give a damn.
          > Pick one of your choosing and ride with it to the end of your time here;
          > as millions do. But don't ask me to be one of them. Life is not
          > about what you wish it to be. But maybe you ARE a different species of
          > life form to me :- ))) If you are then I hope it is great being there
          > and being one of whatever. I have no complaints about life, transcendent
          > or here on this planet type daily experience. I like it all. Let those
          > who were alive here five or two thousand years ago talk about it. I
          > landed here on the early morning of the first of November 1938 in West
          > Green Road Tottenham. And a war started shortly after which. My
          > interpretation??? Ppphhttt:> !!! NB, anything which I have written I
          > would not put up for sale; and I sure don't WANT anybody to read it.
          > But it is there if they want to read it, and FREE ! I want nothing from
          > anybody. Which is just as well for they don't give much away do
          > they. And so many would sell their granny for a buck. Ppphhht:>! Put
          > yours where it is there to read it !
          >
          > Dick Richardson

        • rwr
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
            Fourteen godmen saviours silly billy. Probably more but that is all I
            found in my searching years ago :- ) So, take your pick mate. How is the
            weather up north today? It is great here.
            Merlin

            --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Louise" <hecubatoher@...> wrote:

> [...]
            there
            > > and being one of whatever. I have no complaints about life,
            transcendent
            > > or here on this planet type daily experience. I like it all. Let
            those
            > > who were alive here five or two thousand years ago talk about it. I
            > > landed here on the early morning of the first of November 1938 in
            West
            > > Green Road Tottenham. And a war started shortly after which. My
            > > interpretation??? Ppphhttt:> !!! NB, anything which I have written
            > > would not put up for sale; and I sure don't WANT anybody to read it.
            > > But it is there if they want to read it, and FREE ! I want nothing
            from
            > > anybody. Which is just as well for they don't give much away do
            > > they. And so many would sell their granny for a buck. Ppphhht:>! Put

          • Louise
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
              Merlin, Today I travelled with a friend to Low Burnhall wood, just south of Durham, and the fine mizzling rain was just perfect, somehow, complementing the broad, calm, meandering river Wear and the trees and flower meadows around us. Now, back at home, the skies are still grey, and it is cool. Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. Louise

            • rwr
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
                Ahh, I don't know that part of the world at all. Never got up that far
                when I was commercial Travelling and never been there on holliday. It
                sounds nice up there. I nearly went to live on the North York Moors,
                near Whitby once, but it never happened for some reason, Cant even
                remember the reason now, it was a long time ago. Did you see the TV
                program North and South? I really enjoyed that one. But the average
                climate puts me off now. Feel the cold more after about sixty five years
                young :- )))
                rwr

              • Louise
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 10, 2012
                  I watched the 'North and South' series on the laptop not so long ago - it must have been after you posted links. Yes, impressive acting, and affecting storylines, so thanks for that :-)). L.