Cabin fever

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2006
      Louise, Now that is some hard core germanic stuff. You get the idea
      that these fellows thought themselves just finishing off the
      destruction of Rome. Here we are diong the big heat wave. Saw your
      guy Tony yesterday. He was brave but beliegered. Tony seemed to
      harbour no vengful purpose but George seemed peeved. I know that
      Marine control systems are very good even though there are many
      Marines who lost friends in Beiruit. It is the tape of the Air
      Force security General , dancing to " Singing in the rain", that I
      appreciate. This was not Curtis Le May, not even his cigar. If I
      were an radical leader I would be sorely worried my enemy is an
      imbecile. It was a good rendition of the Gene Kelly movie bit but
      comes off a little wierd at the gangway to Air Force One. Neitche
      and Heiddiger are appropriate for these times of heat and threat.
      They both carry a good deal of attitude and a little bravado in
      face of the wolf might scare him off. Last week I was in a ghost
      town in Wyoming or Dakota of one of those cowboy states. It was 117
      degrees and the only critter that seemed at home was a camel. Saw
      wolves, bears and mountain lions and set in the number 10 saloon to
      be greated by the reincarnation of Wild Bill Hickok. The cowboy
      mistique remains here in a number of guises. It gets less and less
      violent but some of the boys are truly very tough. It is the
      vengance motive that can remain especially in the American Cowboy
      ethos of avenging a friend.
      I think I would rather read Louise with her german buddies, at
      least then, she won`t be quoting the Dane. Bill