fundies in Latvia

  • Trinidad Cruz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
      Aija,

      Have you seen this?

      http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_529/christianfundiesglobal.html

      America exports: hate and fear, no?

      tc
    • Aija Veldre Beldavs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
        > Aija,
        > Have you seen this?
        > http://www.gaycitynews.com/gcn_529/christianfundiesglobal.html
        > America exports: hate and fear, no?
        > tc

        no, been too busy following in the original sources as the current #1
        debate on latvian mass media directly (see my previous last post on
        existlist).

        anyone who wants to is pretty much free to write what they want in the
        latvian media - all kinds of anarchical possibilities. Kaspars Dimiters is
        Russian Orthodox, the First party is led by fundamental Christians.
        russian and latvian ultranationalists are also involved (the gay rights
        issue being the only commonality), and surmise, as in other sensitive
        matters, anonymous provocateurs and unfriendly forces from the outside
        whose purpose is to stir up discord.

        i expect reason will eventually prevail over prejudice in that there is
        debate (even if rancorous), not bloodshed. the Baltic all these years so
        far since renewal of independence has managed to avoid bloodshed even
        though there are people of very different values, religion, ethnicity
        thrown together in a time of extreme change and economic suffering for
        many.

        violence begets violence.

        aija