Tom/Charles dialogue

  • Charles Vermont
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 1999
      Tom,

      On 5th August you wrote: >It might be an existentialist list but I'm just trying to get a perspective on this from people who call themselves "existentialists".<
      Thank you for this - I think I now understand what you were doing, and trust you now have a better idea about what sort of existentialist I am.

      Your post reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from Saki (which I never quite quote right):

      'Any man who holds too closely to the tenets of his own religion is in grave danger of forming a new sect'

      All the best

      Charles Vermont