Re: wakeful

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2006
      > Louise, I denote a similiarity to the Chardin concept of
      > hyperpersonalisation. I am given to understand Teihart does not
      > cut the mustard in the reeking existential swamp. Where did I
      > misplace that loyalty oath? Bill

      Teilhard de Chardin. French. Jesuit. Undialectical. No, no, my own
      commitment is to Nietszche, to spiritualised revenge, Hellenic
      paradox, a bracing acknowledgment of the otherness of the other.
      There are mystics and mystics. I expect nothing less than rigorous
      argument. Philosophy does not lie or cheat, does not subsist at all
      on the level of the everyday, which is why she is so difficult of
      attainment amid the battle of modern life. No doubt I'm sounding
      defensive again, this time in response to Mary's invocation of the
      pseudo-prefix. Like you, I suspect the personal, in context of
      existential endeavour, and my own loyalties are absolute,
      annihilating, unfriendly. There again, that's just to put up a
      screen, behind which to do my work.