Re: If rationalism was existentialism

  • hermanbtriplegood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      I have been honest about my rationalism from the very beginning. I
      will not retract any statement that I have made regarding
      existentialism and anarchism, nor will I retract any statement that I
      have made regarding existentialism and narcissism. I believe I have a
      right to express my opinion, even if that opinion is harshly critical
      of accepted existentialist dogmas, as long as I am in compliance with
      the established rules of discourse set forth by the moderators of
      this list. If I have violated any of these canons of discourse I am
      willing to stand corrected and to eat my crow accordingly. I accept
      my responsibility to back up my opinions with good reasons too. If my
      statements are taken personally, that is not really my problem. I
      cannot control how people feel about the things I say. They are not
      intended to be personal attacks. I do, not recall ever having
      specifically called any member an anarchist, although, to be sure, I
      have on occasion characterized existentialism, as a philosophy, in a
      very disengenuous manner, mainly through the use of the
      epithet "narcissism."

      Hb3g

      > It would be more than two hundred years ago and prostestants would
      > be at war with catholics. Intellectuals of the enlightenment would
      > be at the forefront as men of letters. Protestant theologians were
      > the men of moral authority. Yes this was their time but that is
      > not now and I debase their authority not as an anarcist but as an
      > individual.
      > Herman has exposed himself as a philophical outsider.
      > He has called members of this group anarcists. I very personally
      > reject that nomination and ask that he dismiss it from the record.
      > It seems Herman wishes to use some past authority to rule as if
      he
      > was still enrolled in the saftey of the seminary. His exposition
      of
      > the thoughts of Kant have been interesting as history but now
      > resolve themselves in some other guise. Will to power often comes
      > from the past in that actual innovaters are few. Dogmatic
      > prostestantism struggles for its survival and a few quixotic
      > knights of the reasonable power still attempt to rule by logic.
      > This , however is the home of the philosophical movement that
      > replaced that epoc. We are not the rationallist, this is existlist.
      > We are in the process of replacing some of what was avante gard but
      > preaching from a reationalist power position will be opposed and
      put
      > down.
      > The excuse of public saftey will not be dragged out to dismiss us
      > as social misfits and dangerous people. Remember, we deposed
      > rationalism in a bloodless coup of ideas.I do not call you a
      > criminal because you belong to a mystical organisation of faith.
      But