The oldest guy in the room

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Discovery is showing a program on a 7million year old hominid. Thats
      better than twice as old as LUCY. They postulate 7M to be an ancestor
      of the Australiopithacines and therefore an ancestor of all of us.
      After seeing a program on Piltdown man, Hoax immediately came to mind.
      This primate was just down from the tree but had adapted to bipeadle
      walking. The skull fossel was squashed but nearly whole and the
      computer generated reproduction looked plausable. The carbon dating
      pointed to a creature living at the time the great apes evolved away
      from our line. The show was not as gosh as to use the plebian "Missing
      Link" but I think they should. This 7M , if accepted, will probably
      stand as the oldest hominoid. Now the story is complete as to where
      we came from. We have traced it through the mutations of the DNA and
      mitochondrial DNA. We have a pickup truck full of very old hominoid
      bones which we thought would not yield to factoring on the right. 7M
      will adjust that view. He comes from central Africa in an ecosystem
      perfect for a primate to come down from the trees. 7M really sets
      the scale for primative and so I expect to watch with Louise as we
      better define primative. I am sure she keeps in mind my celtic
      confession and wuderstands how I know from primative. Bill