The Anarchist Cookbook

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      I recently viewed the cinema by that title, the movie was nothing
      like the book and the book is so radical as to be widely banned. It
      explains how to make bombs and how to ambusche and how to defeat
      technology. It is about the action end of anarchy and how to move to
      a state of anarchy. It is often sold with The Turner Diaries which
      was the seminal literature for the federal building bombing. The
      Iraqui insergancy has borrowed much from the cookbook and much of
      what it teaches works. It is the opposite of Hermans beloved reason.
      It is dripping with testosterone and supposes all civilisation to be
      unjust and illigetimate. It is as if Neitche spoke directly to Mao
      and all inbetween just vanished. When Mary and Trinidad speak of
      anarchy this book is the conduit to that state. I do not think any
      in this group have any motives that approach action anarchy. In
      general we are too old. It takes the restlesness and recklesness of
      youth to build and detonate. It also requires a completely amoral
      perspective and the young people on this list seem more shackled by
      the ignorance of morality than most. They actually want a return to
      a status past which actually did not exist. All in all I am apalled
      at the docility and regimentation of the preponderance of youth I
      meet. They are frightened by the controversial and would be first
      to throw such books in the fire. A revolutionary initiated
      government such as the States has the wisdom to know nutballs
      exist, have the right to communicate and the right to protest in
      public. Systems that deny those expressions have put the cork in the
      bottle and it will likely come back in the form of a molotov.
      So the movie ended by saying the anarchists were just wrong from a
      moral perspective and should be gently supressed. If Hermans world
      were real that would probably work. From his perspective on his
      peers it must seem most logical. But the bombs keep blasting
      throughout the world as the personal liberty of the faithful
      declines with their standard of living. I dare you to learn how to
      build a bomb and then reflect on what level of commitment it would
      take to explode it. I am sure nothing in your life has approached
      that level of intensity. Your sworn enemies are far beyond that
      level. Bill
    • Chris Macchione
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        I have to agree w/ you. The world doesn't operate in
        the abstract, measured vacuum of theory and research;
        it happens through passion, chance, and human nature.
        I have met many anti-gun individuals who worked in
        other countries where the only individuals who had
        guns, were those in power. They have greatly changed
        their views on "idealism," and now begin to look at
        the practicality of such ideals.
        I am almost approaching the notion of becoming a gun
        owner because of the duty I have to protect myself, my
        family, and others from those whom have weapons, and
        intend to use them with malice. This coming from a man
        who values life, but has realized that most don't
        value mine. Hard to turn the other cheek when they
        starve you, rape your wife, kidnap your children, mock
        your beliefs, and deny you an existence that is
        humane.
        Alas, a sleeper has awoken.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Chris, I have been around guns all my life and they scare me more
          and more. That may be a factor of age but is also because I have a
          good understanding of what the various sorts of weapons can do. I
          know you are approaching your decision from a defensive perspective.
          If you affirm your right to keep and bear I wholly suggest you
          take a practical arms course. This is not the study the local
          sheriff sponsers. His course has merit from a legalistic view but
          you may find it designed more to protect the officer than you and
          your family. The practical shooters will teach you how to shoot and
          kill an adversary. They will teach you how to pick a weapon or
          weapons that grant the greatest security with the least danger to
          you and your family.
          The entire matter of guns in a house with children completely
          unnerves me. Devising a way to deploy a weapon without giving your
          children and their friends access is a complicated situation. If it
          is secure from the kids it is probably to secure to be of any good
          in a lethal situation. My kids are gone and many of my guns are
          loaded and accessable. I actually agree with Mary in her refusal to
          have a gun in a house with children. It is a tough call.
          Last week an evil looking bastard came to my door. I have a door
          camera and he seemed to be interested in the lock and security
          system. I confronted him from behind the screen door with a pistol
          visable on my belt. I further doubted his intentions when he
          immediately walked away when he saw I was armed.
          I think the whole business of weapons is more about attitude than
          weaponry. If you and your surroundings appear stalwart and resolute
          in defense the aggressor may just pick an easier target. The gun is
          the last, terrible resort and though I have often produced one I
          have never had need to shoot anyone.
          Alas I have strayed far from the topic of anarchy. I know my gun
          usage has deferred anarchy rather than produced it. The true
          anarcist does not seem to think himself a criminal. From a
          philosophical perspective what pushes a theoretical anarcist to
          an action anarcist ? With a semiauto AK available for app
          twohundred dollars the ability to cross the line seems abundant. The
          notion of a weapons confrontation with that kind of firepower is
          appalling. Those rounds will penetrate wood frame walls. With a
          thirty round magasine you can chop down a house. Then again could
          you loose similar firepower in a neighboorhood where women and
          children sleep and play.
          So I view anarchy as a possibility more than as a debating topic.
          It could all be most jovial were it not for the terrible prices
          paid if complacent. Bill
        • Chris Macchione
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            Bill, wanting to have children in the future, your
            advice is very well received.
            Anarchist seems to want to throw the baby out with the
            bath water so to speak. When I was down in New Orleans
            right after Katrina, that area was definitely in a
            state of Anarchy, of course the media never touched
            too much on that as far as we could tell down there.
            People as a whole seem to have resorted back to their
            tribal instincts, secluding themselves off from
            outsiders, cooperative security of able individuals to
            patrol their areas, wary of the unknown, and anger at
            a system that failed them. They did show great
            appreciation for our efforts to assist in
            re-establishing a sense of safety and security.
            Bringing need supplies, medical attention, funds, and
            govt/private resources to aid in their relief and
            recovery.
            Also there were many individuals whom saw this as a
            time of free enterprise w/o restrictions, including
            local parish officials, I greatly appreciate the US
            military and govt agencies who re-acquired our relief
            supplies from these individuals to be dispersed
            according to our organization's guidelines. I also
            appreciate their continued pursuit and prosecution of
            those individuals who stole, mislead, and committed
            fraud in such a volatile environment. Not that I
            didn't understand why certain groups attempted to
            horde and commandeer supplies and equipment. Fear of
            being left out or forgotten can cause drastic
            measures. The stress level in an anarchic environment
            is incredible, you can't relax, you can't trust those
            whom you don't know. In a sense, it returns us back to
            our "beast" nature. Fear of the unknown, fear of what
            you have will not be there tomorrow, and fear that
            what and whom you hold of value can be taken away or
            hurt.
            Great topic, please add more.

            http://mail.yahoo.com